Intro's are needed

Options
Hi there all. I would love to hear a little more about you all and know what you are looking to get out of this program. I have mine posted on here somewhere and would love to hear about you all. Keep up the great work!!! No need for the ridiculas Navy jargon stuff for motivation. We know we are motivated enough, that's why we are here!!! Talk to you all soon!!

Replies

• RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    20yr old - Sailor obviously - married to another Sailor - I'm in San Antonio, he's in Norfolk - we both work in communications - I love photography and the arts as well as knitting - anything else??
  • ctiginger09
    ctiginger09 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Taylor. I'm actually a future sailor. I leave in October for bootcamp as a CTI. My date got pushed back from May because of a job switch so I need to get back on track with my weight/eating. I'm currently about 4lbs over my max weight and I want to lose about 30lbs by October.
    SW: 208lbs
    CW: 177.6lbs
    UGW: 150lbs
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm a Navy vet. I was an ET from 88-96.

I have a 16 year old daughter.

I knit (and sometimes spin my own yarn), I like scifi/fantasy, I've got a B.A. in math and I'm trying to start a career as a teacher (hard in this political environment).
  • freels73
    freels73 Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome to the party!!! Good luck on your goals!!!
  • freels73
    freels73 Posts: 15
    Options
    Taylor.... RUN!!!!!!! That is the best advice I can tell you. Get really good running shoes and run!!! Drink WATER not Gatorade or sweet drinks. Read labels and watch your daily intake of food. Use the tools here and don't forget. RUN!!!!! Good luck and see you in the fleet, even though I retire by the time you get there!! LOL
  • pbutters
    pbutters Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 25 been in for 7 years. I am currently on my first shore duty and had surgery on my ankle last October. I gained 30 lbs after my surgery which has caused alot problems. I am trying to lose at least 30 lbs by December. I still cant run due to the pain I still have in my ankle so I have been using the bike and elliptical and I am planning on trying to swim for exercise at least once a week. I have already lost 10 of the pounds I gained after surgery. My main goal is to make sure that I remain eligible for the E-6 exam next March.
  • sarapb1
    sarapb1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Navy PS2 mom of 3 ( 3 year old and1.5 year old twins). Twins are still nursing so weight loss id difficult becuase I have to watch my milk supply. I have been in almost 8 years and I am now stationed at a NOSC in PA. I am going to be the command CFL and am scheduled to go to school in August.
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    pbutters - keep up the swimming! I have heard so much how swimming will help you lose weight.

sarahpb1 - you can do it!!
  • jcolon74
    jcolon74 Posts: 7
    Options
    38 years old and next month will make 10 years in the Navy.

22-May-2012, I parked the car across the street from N-24 Gym at NSN, put out my last cigarette, headed in to work out at CPO 365.

About an hour later I was loaded into the ambulance, on my way to the hospital. En route they told me I was having a heart attack. 0845 they put in a stent and sent me off to Portsmouth where 2 days later I had a triple bypass.

Now the only work out I have is cardiac rehab, and since I've quit smoking I'm up to a hefty 232 lbs. At 71" that's way out of standards.

Hoping to make some major dietary changes now which will pay off big once I can throw in a normal excersize routine in September. I have 10 years left before I can retire, it's time to take my health seriously.
  • jendraka
    jendraka Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm a vet. Got out in '99 and while I was able to stay in good shape for many years afterwards, two harsh pregnancies a few years ago kind of did me in. I was the largest I'd ever been in my life at 216lbs. I saw a video of myself last year and decided "no more". I've now lost 64lbs and still going. I actually weigh less now than I did on average while I was in the Navy. Most the time I was in I weighed about 164, but I was always around mid to lower-20's for body fat percentage. I would like to reach those numbers again.
  • jawarner808
    Options
    i have to say this app does work if you load t on your phone pad or touch s long as you dont cheat your self log eerthing you do in work out and everthing you eat and when you do long your work out short if you are at the gym a hour we all know yoou probly did not do 60 minutes of a work out there so long 45 and if you eat what you think is a 5 OZ steak dont lie to your self it was a 6 i found when i have been doing this i have lost all my weight i came to kuwait at 233 started this at 212 and am now down to 184 and 180 was my goal for dec and if you are a deployed person get your defac or galley nurt chart they should have one and enter the meals in your self i started to find that things i though were low in cal were really hurting me when other things i found i can eat alot of

ok i will get off my soap box now
  • FutureMASailor
    FutureMASailor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Liz and I'm actually a future sailor. I ship out in March as an MA but I'm hoping to get an earlier ship date
  • navydx
    navydx Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello Everyone. My name is Cecil and I've been in since November '03. This app is a great tool and really shows you just how many calotires you take in a day. it freaked me out the first few days. I'm an AT and stationed in Washington, but about to head back to Japan. Good luck to everyone and stay motivated!
  • theedge56
    theedge56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My name is Eric. I was a Navy MM1/SS back in the 80's and 90's, damn that was a while ago I am old! Have had quite the weight rollercoaster ride for a very long time. For various reasons (excuses) I have always put the weight back on. I was even once an Assistant Command Fitness Coordinator believe it or not. But that is a long story for another day.

I login everyday and welcome friend requests of people that are looking for support and sounding board. This is an amazing tool, but only works if you use it.
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm a current Air Force E-5 that has been accepted to Navy OCS. I should be heading out to OCS in the next few months and I'm looking to meet weight stands before I leave (I met body fat instead for my application). I'm currently about 19lbs away and I'm working hard at it. Looking forward to my transition from the AF to the Navy. Feel free to add! Just let me know you're in this group. Thanks!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm an MA with a little over 4 years in, and I just reenlisted back in December for 6 more

I have the same basic goals as anyone else, stay healthy, keep my weight down and my PT up. I've found that the best thing for me is healthy food, and exercise regularly, there's just no way around it.