I am still hungry!

Options
ThickBabe
ThickBabe Posts: 5 Member
Im 21 years old and over weight. I have this situation of myself when i eat. I was born an eater! when i was a baby i weighed about 10 pounds. I would eat alot. and i mean ALOT!. I used to weight 145-150 when i was in high school. I guess you can say i was a bit fit. College came and gain the freshman 20. I now weight 169-170. I tried to be on a diet till I finaly used My fitnesspal to help me count my calories. I re-tried to use myfitness pal and so far it hurts. "Hurts":sick: as in im still starving! I get more anxious and frustrated till my hands are sweating. Has anyone have this struggle?

Replies

• Joleen_J2004
    Joleen_J2004 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    While I don't have my hands sweating I do get anxious and hurt when I "feel" like I'm hungry. I feel most anxious when I have added in a few meals and snacks all at one time instead of updating as I go. I hope this feeling goes away for you!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    If it's real, physical hunger, as opposed to an emotional hunger, then you might want to look at the nutritional balance of what you're eating. I noticed that in your diary you have a lot of "quick added" calories. As far as possible, try to add the actual foods, because then you get a much better idea of how balanced your diet is. Make sure you're getting enough fibre, protein and fat. Fibre will fill you up, and getting a lot of vegetables will fill you up for fewer calories. Protein will keep you fuller for longer, and fats are satiating. Also, make sure you're getting enough fluids as dehydration can sometimes feel like hunger.

If you're struggling with the mental aspect of restricting, then you could always try just maintaining for a little while. Set MFP to maintenance and practice logging your calories without the added stress of eating at a deficit. I know I can sometimes feel a little anxious if I don't think I have enough calories left for the day, so I don't know if you're feeling the same thing. Planning your day in advance, and pre-logging can help too - you can make sure that you don't "run out" of cals before the end of the day.
  • KReduced
    KReduced Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to eat more! If your actually burning 2000 cals in exercise, plus living, 1500 cals isn't enough to feed your body! Just my sense.
  • ThickBabe
    ThickBabe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im back with Bad News