Well hell...

Options
stormieweather
stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
After 9 months without a period, I got one. Coincidentally, I haven't had any hot flashes for the past couple of weeks either. :noway: :mad:

So weird.

The scale is up 10 pounds and it seems impossible to stop the gradual increase.

/sigh. I want this over with.

Replies

• SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I think that's part of the fun. Auntie Flo shows up unannounced. She's very rude like that.
    At least that was the experience of my sisters, so I expect the same.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Oh, she's quite rude.
    No manners whatsoever.
    Disappears without a word to anyone and then one day she thinks she can just come waltzing back into your life and set up shop.
    Too bad she forgot to stop at Walmart and pick up supplies on the way home...:grumble:
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have had that happen for the last 4 years, before last year but this last year finally I hit the 12 mth mark at the end of Feb 2013. Honestly then about 3 wks later notice a very light pink on my toliet paper one day but I refuse to think that means I start the count over. The hot flashes still come and go but right now not having them and enjoying that! I will be 55 in May so you can imagine I have been waiting for this a long long time, when you started at 11 yr enough is enough!

Hang in there some of us are just not the lucky ones to just stop one day at age 50.... I had been in peri menopause since 2003 !!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Damn!!

I feel your pain.
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm not counting on being really done even though it's been 5 mos. since Aunt Flo - rude relative! - arrived last. A nurse last week at my colonoscopy tried to tell me that I was done. Nope! Not believing it. :noway:

My hot flashes disappear a few weeks before she arrives, too. Hormones!!!! :grumble: :sad: :ohwell: :explode: :frown: :cry: :huh: Deep breath...... it sure is comforting to know I'm not in this alone!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Uh oh! I haven't had a period in about 6 months, but I've been crampy and bloated the last three days and I haven't had any hot flashes for at least two weeks. I bet she's coming back! =(
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. My last period was back in July when hubby and I were vacationing in Mexico. Then nothing until mid March. And it was like the gates of hell were opened! It lasted for 8 days! Good grief! Haven't had any hot flashes in several months, but I've been taking black cohosh and Vit. B, so that may be helping.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I only see her tiny baby sister Spot on a rare occasion usually after I have been more active.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    sigh, i feel ya.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Little update: I had another period a week after the first one. No more hot flashes in several months, although I'm still cranky as hades. Cannot seem to lose weight, no matter what I do.

Guess I'm back at square one!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Little update: I had another period a week after the first one. No more hot flashes in several months, although I'm still cranky as hades. Cannot seem to lose weight, no matter what I do.

:noway: :grumble:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

grrrrrr. Not fun.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Ditto, ditto, ditto and ditto!!
    I feel ya on all the above!! Good to know we're amongst good company!
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My hot flashes have increased, weight is going up and it's driving me crazy. I'm currently trying to increase my exercise to see if that helps. I saw Black Cohosh listed in one of the posts. Does that work?