Just Ramblings :)

Hello Everybody, Tomorrow I start my journey again. Today I was able to pick and keep down my foods, so tomorrow is better than my usual "I will start Monday". Funny even picking at my dinner when we went out I manages to consume 1077 calories at Texas Roadhouse. I did not even think as I picked and ordered. I was out with my hubby and mom and was doing our yearly "Taxes" dinner.

My good friend thought I was crazy when I told her I start working on my goal tomorrow with Easter right ahead. I actually do well during holidays, I cook so much that by the time I sit down everything I have been smelling all day is not appealing lol. I am really excited. This past month I did well sticking to my meal plan and not going out even half as much, and making healthier choices. Fingers crossed I can keep on, while starting an exercise program!

I am glad to have the opportunity to be involved with a group of people who have the same goals as I do. I am here to cheer for you all and help in any ways that I can to make all of our journeys a success.

-XOXO Heather

Replies

• Aellyn
    Aellyn Posts: 75 Member
    Good luck! Congratulations sticking to your meal plan, eating in more, and making healthier choices.
  • deprek
    deprek Posts: 101 Member
    Good for you...you may experience ups and downs on your journey (I think everyone does) but if you have a great attitude going in, you will do fine.
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Just remember that each day is a chance to start over (with multiple restarts available each day!) If you "blow it", just pick yourself up and make a better change the next opportunity. It's not an "all or nothing". This is life! And we all know life is a roller coaster.
  • ShannonTourne
    ShannonTourne Posts: 77 Member
    You absolutely can do this! Just remember that you are not on a diet....you are embarking on a healthy lifestyle change. Praying for you!
  • morgainejasmine
    morgainejasmine Posts: 9 Member
    I lost 6 pounds one week, gained it back the next. I was in a workshop and thoughts about pastries would not go away! So here I am again. There is security in the MFP way. Calories do count. I have 140 pounds to lose.
  • DisappearingTwinkie
    DisappearingTwinkie Posts: 109 Member
    Thank you ladies. I managed this holiday wee to not gain, but I did not lose either. I told myself this week I will start to be alot more accountable and keep track. That is my weekly goal, to log log log!
  • Aellyn
    Aellyn Posts: 75 Member
    You can do it! :happy: I am concentrating on logging this week too. That is the hardest part for me, especially when I know I went over. But I'm finding that by logging when I go over, I can look at what I ate and think about what I could do differently next time. Good luck this week!
  • DisappearingTwinkie
    I have to redo all of my eating time alarms and put MFP on my phone since I redid it.
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Adding you! Welcome :smile:
  • rlv2
    rlv2 Posts: 21 Member
    I go through weeks where I wont lose.... It is so frustrating to eat right and exercise and not even budge the scale... but keep on keeping on... like Julie said this is a new way of life... not just a chance to get thin... I want to be healthy... and live a better longer life.. Congrats on all your eating accomplishments so far... WE can do this..
  • DisappearingTwinkie
    I always am telling myself that a big indicator of how I am doing is how I am feeling rather than the scale. Now when that moves it is AMAZING, but when I am gogogo and energized, it is also a great booster :)