Introductions! =)

Options
Hello!

My name is Tara, I'm about to be 27, and I'm from Texas. I just had my first baby (Astra) on October 20th, although she was due November 15th. I've struggled with weight issues since somewhere between 18 and 20. In 2009, I lost 50 pounds, but I have since gained it all back and then some. I went over 200 pounds for the first time shortly before getting pregnant. I only gained 20 pounds during my pregnancy (high of 228), and I'm not sure how much I weigh now (scales depress me - I'm very angry at myself for gaining all that weight back). I feel like I've lost most if not all of it, but I'm not sure.

My biggest struggle has always been eating out - I've always worked a lot and had a bunch of school going on (got my Masters in 2011), so I was pretty lazy at home and going out to eat was easiest. We (DH and I) went vegetarian at the beginning of the year, so that's cut down a lot on eating out (we live in a small town, not a lot of choices). I hope to lose 60 pounds. I'm also a huge procrastinator, so I'll feel like working out and it turns into a cycle of "after reading this thread....after checking this Facebook game..." etc, until it's gone on so long that I no longer feel like it.

My baby has slept through the night since 6 weeks, so I get a few hours to myself at night, and would in the morning but I find it incredibly difficult to wake up. I prefer waking up, working out, showering, then getting the baby up, but after 2 weeks of attempting to do that, I gave up. Last night I worked out at night, and I guess that's how its going to go now =)

I used My Fitness Pal the first time to lose the weight, and it wasn't even difficult for me to do so, so I'm hoping to do it again.

Replies

• joannadmiller
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Joanna. I'm 29 and live in California with my DH and four kiddo's. I've always struggled with weight issues - since around high school when hormones and the strong lack of enthusiasm for PE kept me from trying any physical exercise. I'm tall - 6'1, which is my saving grace when it comes to my weight. Most people say (but I think they're just being kind) that they don't think I look as big as I weigh. Here comes the horrible, honest part that I hate. After having my fourth lo (Eli) on October 31st (he was due 11/11), I peaked at 300. :(

Now, here is what has rubbed me the wrong way for a bit. When I got pregnant, I was beginning to establish some really great habits. For example, going to the gym by 5am, eating healthier, tracking my calories, and trying to be generally more healthy in my choices, etc. I was doing great. Then, I found out I was pregnant (which really made me over the moon happy, to be honest). Well, I quickly got morning sickness that lasted a great deal of my pregnancy, which really made any physical activity really difficult - so I gave it up. Plus, I'm cursed with SPD (symphysis-pubis dysfunction), which makes everything just plain painful. As a result, I was put on disability. I'm still trying to get over it and it still causes me a great deal of pain, if the circumstances are right.

Since having my lo, I have absolutely zero motivation to workout, eat right, etc. I want to be healthy for myself, my hubby, and my kiddo's, but I'M SUPER HUNGRY (which I attribute to breastfeeding). Anyway, my goal is to lose enough weight to be down to a healthy range - somewhere between 160-180 (remember, I'm tall). I, honestly, don't care about the number as long as I feel good, am active with my family, and look like the arm candy my hubby deserves.

My struggles are: fast food, ICE CREAM, a recent distaste for water (threw it up too many times when preggo, so it's become my nemesis), and fear that I won't be able to hide behind my fat anymore (which is a whole other issue altogether).

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. Hopefully, we'll all reach our goals and bring support that only recent post partum mommies understand. Also, is it just me or does the app for mfp suck for the community? Any tips would be appreciative as I'm usually on my phone - not the computer.
  • bumbleleigh
    Options
    I understand about pregnancy ruining things! I was eating really well and then when I got pregnant I never had cravings, but had a strong aversion to vegetables - it lasted the entire time. I also had bad round ligament pain, also lasted the entire time, which made moving terrible.

Though with 4 kids I can't imagine getting the motivation for much - my one 3 month old is time consuming as it is =)
  • siannajoie
    siannajoie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Y'all I'm Siannaj on Babycenter. I'm 29 and a mom to 4 (11/03,12/06,1/11,12/12. I have a lot to lose still from my first baby and now that I am done having children it's time for me!
    My biggest struggle is tasting while I cook and bake!
  • bumbleleigh
    Options
    Tasting is definitely an issue most people look over, so it's a good start that you recognize it =)
  • Myppfitness
    Myppfitness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello :)

I'm from the Dec 2012 bc. I am 19 living in Tx and just had my first.
    Prepregnancy I weighed a healthy 135 lbs with a smokin body (or at least compared to now lol). I used to run 3-7 miles a day because I loved it. I loved running, being fit, and the mental stability it brings me. I have never dieted though and seriously eat like a man lol. When I got pregnant I got so sick I was fainting and had to quit running I tried again at the end of my 2nd tri but was so big it was difficult and with work and school could never find the time.
    well I gained 50+ lbs and have 20 to lose. I am horrifyingly unhealthy with my eating habits and am hoping that with logging my intake I can see how bad I eat and create healthier eating habits. I also need discipline to workout with the little one school and work I cant seem to find the time or motivation.
  • kachelle
    Options
    Hi all!
    I am 28 and I live in PA with my DH, DS, and DD. I had DD on October 22 although she was due Nov. 4. I have always struggled with my weight. I love food, especially junk food. I also hate exercising, but I do it anyways. I count calories to stay on track and to keep track of what I have eaten each day. I gained a ton of weight when I was pregnant with DS back in 2010 and lost only 10lbs of it. With my DD I only gained 12 llbs and lost it all within the first 2 weeks. Now I am just trying to get back into the routine of exercising but time has been a real issue with two kids. I am hoping with the right motivation I can loose the weight I gained with DS and put my skinny jeans back on.
  • hmnoyce
    Options
    HI, my name is Honesty and I'm currently new to the group. I live in GA with my DH a 3 year old DD and 9 month old DD preemie. I am actually down to pre-pregnancy weight but I was overweight to begin with. I have struggled with my weight for a long time. I have a hard time eating healthy and exercising on a daily basis. I don't mind eating healthy I just need to find some good recipes as my husband is a really picky eater. I would love some motivation from some like minded mommas. :) Feel free to add me. I use my app on my phone mostly and am not sure where to find my groups yet.
  • aarroyo0529
    aarroyo0529 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Anita, after gaining 70lbs with my first child I had a long struggle to loose the weight. He was a 10.7lbs boy but that was 6yrs ago and I still had 40lbs from my pregnancy. When I joined MFP, I was desperate to loose weight, I had just lost 20lbs and I got pregnant again! I was very excited, but I wanted to loose all 40 before getting pregnant just to make sure everything was fine. This time I gained 40lbs and yet a 10.1lbs baby girl! She is 7 weeks now and I am breastfeeding exclusively but I want to loose weight and not compromise my milk production and her health. I hope this group can help :wink: