Week 3 - 2 More Weeks Til Weigh In

Options
mikehart164
mikehart164 Posts: 108 Member
Ok friends we have 2 more weeks until weigh in. I hope all of you are finding success using the friendships and aquaintances on this GROUP page for motivation. This week I had some ideas but I'm going to try and keep it simple just like week two. I think small changes are the way to go.

In honor of the Easter holiday and high sodium Sunday dinners I want everyone to make an effort to increase water consumption every day this week. Aim for 8-10 on workout days and 6-8 on off days.

1. Add back 25- 50% of Calories Burned. SO if you burned 500 eat back 125- 250 this may sound counter productive but you will see my rationale in up comming weeks. We are doing this to build a little muscle.

2. Burn atleast 500 calories daily if this is possible for you!!

3. For those of you already lifting weights lets try and get 2-3 days in this week. 1 Upper body 1 Lower Body and 1 Full Body Blast
Chose just 5 Exercises for 3 sets of 12-20 reps. Also pick 2 ab and 1 lower back exercise to accompany each workout.

4. TRY SOMETHING NEW!! If you always do the Treadmill do the Elliptical. If your afraid to try ZUMBA do it anyway. If you have a pool at your gym go for a swim. Keep things fresh and enjoy the journey.

5. Make friends with HUMMUS. If you have not tried HUMMUS yet as a low calorie snack two tbsp hummus with 20 carrots is only 140 calories and can be a mindless munch IF you are watching tv late at night.

6. If you go out to eat. Plan ahead for what you are going to enjoy. Remember all restaurants have LEAN PROTEIN, VEGETBABLES, and Healthy Grains sometimes you just have to ask.

- Can I have the meat with Dry Spices instead of BUTTER
- Can I have the Vegetables DRY
- Can I do Applesauce, Side Salad, Rice, Sweet Potato, Baked Potato, instead of fries or Chips If they say its a dollar more say "IF THAT IS THE COST TO BE HEALTHY OK" and simply smile. If the manager comes over say you think the dollar charge should be taken off the menu since OBESITY is such a problem in the us.
- Rolls presented at the beginning should be halfed or returned!!
- No dessert out, Frozen Yogurt or Frozen Bananas or Greek Yogurt at home will satisfy you twice as month with 1/4 the calories.
- Avoid Fried Appetizers

7. I WANT FEEDBACK ON THIS. If you drink soda limit yourself to 3 or less this week that includes DIET.
- I drank diet soda for so long and just recently I have limited myself to generally 2 a week and all of a sudden I'm losing weight I used to think 0 calories meant as many as I want however these sodas have been shown to mess with blood sugar and fasting glucose levels just as though they had real sugar in them. Try to stick with AGAVE SYRUP or STEVIA if you need artificial sweeteners.
- For regular drinkers High Fructose Corn Syrup can remain unprocessed in the body for up to 72 hours thats pretty GROSS!!
- For Throwback drinkers - Cane sugar found in the throwback series is probably your best option but if you drink one 44grams sugar you cant have any other sugar the rest of the day essentially so choose wisely.

8. Tea- If you are non-caffeine sensitive I would find a WHITE, GREEN, Black or Mint tea you like and add to your diet these have powerful antioxidants and can reduce cravings and even mildly increase metabolism.

9. Coffee- I DO NOT AGREE THAT COFFEE DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO LOSE WEIGHT. Ive been hearing this lately and I have no idea where this even came from IF someone has a STUDY I would like to see it. 2-3 Cups of Coffee per day can help prevent ALZHEIMERS and improve mood and circulation. AGAIN if you have Caffeine sensitivity stick to DECAFF, which has shown to have the same effect on Alzheimers mood and circulation as the caffeinated. PERSONALLY I LIKE THE KICK =-)

10. HAPPY EASTER

You are all wonderful I'm enjoying seeing your BURNS come in daily your motivational MY JEANS FIT stories, your confidence because people are NOTICING, you are all such beautiful people and I'm thrilled to be doing this.

This group has far exceeded my expectations. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!! As always continue to strive to "BE THE BEST YOU" my favorite saying of all time.

" Happiness resides not in posessions and not in gold; the feeling of happiness dwells in the soul."
Democritus

ROCK ON FITNESS PALS!!!!!!

Replies

• Overcomer7737
    Overcomer7737 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mike!!! great information and encouragement....love the fresh ideas...Lord knows I need them!! Rock this week!! Pam;)
  • os2013
    os2013 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello all, thanks for the extra motivation. I will cut back on the diet soda, I am going to try for only water and some lowfat milk this week and see how that goes. I am also increasing cardio from 30 minutes to 45 per session. Have a great week. -os
  • jwpe
    jwpe Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your ideas and goals!!
  • MarlaStuck
    MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Kids left and house felt empty...so I walked six miles on the treadmill at a 2 incline..take that Easter basket :laugh:
  • mkkhoza
    mkkhoza Posts: 79
    Options
    this is awesome Mike...thank you. I feel like for the first time in a while (despite having had some challenging couple of days with Easter) that I am really honing in on my nutritional choices. I am a hummus fan btw. so looking forward to trying it with veggies :)
  • mkkhoza
    mkkhoza Posts: 79
    Options
    Kids left and house felt empty...so I walked six miles on the treadmill at a 2 incline..take that Easter basket :laugh:

Love this...haha :)
  • lizlashley2009
    lizlashley2009 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    this is awesome Mike...thank you. I feel like for the first time in a while (despite having had some challenging couple of days with Easter) that I am really honing in on my nutritional choices. I am a hummus fan btw. so looking forward to trying it with veggies :)

Hummus with carrots like mike said amazing can really fill you up and it takes away my munchies because carrots are crispy and take time to eat!
  • KPlaunt
    KPlaunt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike- Love your tips and suggestions. Many thanks for all your support and dedication. We have a GREAT team ! In regards to Diet Soda, I too was a HUGE diet soda drinker for way to many years. When I started this challenge, I decided I would try my best to give up diet soda. I replaced it was plain water or polar seltzer water. I have been about 99 % successful with this endeavor. Maybe once a week I will have a Fresca or two. I've noticed a couple of things, first I really don't miss diet soda, in fact when I do drink it , all I need is one, just for a change from water. Two, I do think eliminating this from my diet has helped me in my weight loss, the scale is moving !. Also, I just plain feel better without all of those chemicals in my body. So overall, I think it was a good move and I plan on keeping with it. In regards to coffee, I love my 2-3 cups a day in the morning !
  • bits4226
    bits4226 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    im nervous about the weigh in.. Haven't been as on track as I would like to be ;-(
  • tppchef
    tppchef Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The sodium in my diet has definitely hit the scales this morning. I'm flushing it with water and a fresh fruit protein shake today. Seven hours later...the scale has gone down four pounds! I knew this would happen, but hey...I just wanted to share this with you. Salt in processed meats and ham can kick your scale up. I also don't do well with canned tomato sauce.

I'm with you all on the coffee! I drink nearly black now...just a dash of 1%. My foods are not as clean as they should be...working on this part this week for me!
  • Twinklegirl34
    Twinklegirl34 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am struggling this week as kids holidays has hit and my regular routine is normally done while they are at school! I am doing the circuits prob 4 evenings as the other ones I am sooo tired, what's good to keep energy levels up? Usually have oat and gain smoothie in am, and quinoa/egg bake for lunch but by 4 I really hit a dip
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 2lbs down so far but have had a difficult past 12 days as one or other of my kids have been ill. I've still been getting my workouts in, but i had to cancel a class this morning for example as my son was poorly so I couldn't put him in the crèche. I've got one booked this evening though.

I love what you say about coffee! My PT said that I should cut down. No idea what he's basing that on.
  • bits4226
    bits4226 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've made a decision NOT to weigh myself until our weigh in week. I had easter ham and other badness last week and plan on cleaning things up this week. I have 4 weeks till my first 5k of the season and I'm hoping to get back on track!
  • mikehart164
    mikehart164 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 2lbs down so far but have had a difficult past 12 days as one or other of my kids have been ill. I've still been getting my workouts in, but i had to cancel a class this morning for example as my son was poorly so I couldn't put him in the crèche. I've got one booked this evening though.

I love what you say about coffee! My PT said that I should cut down. No idea what he's basing that on.

Not meant to step on your PTs toes I think they just are referring to the amount of sugar and cream most people put in coffee which causes to potentially hinder weight loss results.
  • wwest21
    wwest21 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 pounds down since the start. I've added in more workouts... always on the look out for more ideas.
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    Get post!! Thanks mike :)