Thoughts on Dairy

Options
rmhand
rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
I'm 4 weeks out from a fitness (bikini division) competition and I've stalled on my cutting plan. While reviewing my diary I noticed that the weight stopped coming off when I cut dairy 2 weeks ago. I've heard that dairy can be the cause of abdominal bloating which I'm trying to avoid being so close to the show. Any thoughts on this?

Replies

• rmhand
    Options
    bump
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Chocol8teThunder Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Do you keep up with Fats, carbs, and protein. If we saw that and your daily weight we can come up with something.

I am going to check your diary. Is it open?
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Options
    Hey Rochelle,

I really think I see the pattern but before I give my thoughts I want to talk wtih pac_ about what he sees.
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Options
    Hey Rochelle,

Do you have your weight recorded for the past 5 days, and a recent photos,

I would really like to help but don't know where you are.

corey@lcgptstudio.com

Pac_ please email your comments in that I just your input on macro manipulation.

Corey CT
  • rmhand
    Options
    Diary is open to friends (like you). Weight is up to date. Progress pics are about 2 weeks old in my profile, weight has remained the same since then (123 lbs). I can get you more photos later today.

I really appreciate the feedback!
  • pac_
    pac_ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm going to send a friend request so I can see your diary and find a solution.
  • pac_
    Options
    Seems like you have walked up carbs gradually over the last week. You might have to lower fats slightly on higher carb days. When u have a lower carb day bump the fats slightly. If u have a refeed once a week then try carb cycling throughout the week. after the refeed day drop carbs by 10-15 grams throughout the week while raising fats. I don't know what your training and cardio is like so I can't really make a very in-depth assessment. Shoot for 1.2 grams of protein on training days, 1.5g on rest days. Fats on training days at .25g and rest days at .35g. Carbs can be tapered down between refeeds. Hope u can get back on track. This is just advice based off what I see in your dairy but again I haven't followed you prep so its it could be a combination of things. Just stay focused and don't do anything drastic like slashing calories or training yourself into the ground.
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Options
    Thanks PAC keep those fats up as I lower carbs is a good point. Richellbus doing bikini. So done areas can stay a little softer
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I also feel it is important to point out that not all people suffer adverse effect from ingesting dairy products. It is the same in regard to products with gluten. If your body is unaccustomed to ingesting dairy, then you may feel a little bloated at first, and then your body will probably level out. Studies show that milk proteins can greatly increase protein synthesis in most individuals. Not to mention whey and casein protein are produced from milk!
  • pac_
    Options
    Good point. Just like some people can't handle too much fiber. For me I start feeling very bloated when I hit around 50-60g of fiber. Some people can easily hit 75g and be just fine.
  • rmhand
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone! I've decided to cut dairy at this point for prep.