Who's still at it?

Options
13»

Replies

• Pwrpuff83
    Pwrpuff83 Posts: 92
    Options
    Have been sidelined for a week after surgery (of sorts) to remove some kidney stones. I'm back to it from Monday. I'd appreciate some feedback on my reintroduction schedule I've mapped out for myself. I'd previously gotten through week 5 of 5/6; barring Cardio 2 which I never did get the nerve to do.

Monday - Workout 1
    Tuesday - Workout 2
    Wednesday - Cardio 1
    Thursday - Workout 3
    Friday - Workout 4
    Saturday - Cardio 1

Then, I want to start 5/6 as normal, but actually managing to brave Cardio 2 this time. Whaddaya reckon?
  • mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just finished Jillian BR workout 3 for the first time, today. Good Lord, I can barely type. Somebody get me an IV. My triceps and deltoids turned into a bowl of jelly. Feel like I'm at Ft. Jackson again. work that body!
  • jenf330
    jenf330 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Week 6 today with no sign of slowing down. I haven't lost a lot of weight yet, but I also just found out I wasn't eating enough calories for my activity level, so that could have something to do with it. I can definitely see some changes in my body though and I've started to get those "you look good, what are you doing?" comments.

This is a progressive program and it can be easy to forget that. As the workouts get more advanced and my muscles (OK, my triceps) give out on me and I'm on the floor thinking - I'm not getting stronger, I can't do this! - I have to stop myself. If I went back to Workout #1, I'd be able to kill it without breaking a sweat and probably wouldn't be sore afterwards. That's what progress is all about. It has to continue being this hard, otherwise you quit making progress.

I could definitely see how people would get frustrated and drop out around the half way point. I have to keep remembering how far I've already come. And hopefully in 3 or 4 weeks I'll be laying on the ground wishing I could go back to Workout #5 because it'd be so easy!! :-)
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I had a bad week last week so I'm just starting week three. Ugh, it's taking me a while, but I will finish lol
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Week two starts today! One more week of the first DVDs and then I know things are going to get INTENSE. I love the fact that the workouts are only 30 minutes because that forces me to stick with it. I have no excuse not to carve out just half an hour a day to get healthy.