Options
jdfraser85
jdfraser85 Posts: 11 Member
How is everyone finding level 1?

Replies

• RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I hope that level 1 does not hurt my legs as bad as it did the first time around. The first 3 days of level 1 were the hardest for soreness. I will do L1D1 tomorrow after work.
  • jdfraser85
    Options
    I had a little bit of a jumpstart lol. My legs don't feel as bad as the first time, but this is only my second day lol

Good luck everyone!!
  • spookygirl67
    spookygirl67 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did it today for the first time ever. Yikes! I'm sore.

Curious if you (other team members) plan to do it daily or take rest days? I have seen posts that say both--just curious about what others plan to do.

Also do you just do 30DS or do you add other activity? I row and/ or walk (mostly row) almost daily. Today I rowed 40 min and then did 30DS.
  • RevCO30
    Options
    I personally am going to do it every day, and it is the only activity I do, except for walking my dog. But you can do it however you like :). We'll all just be here to support eachother, and vent, and offer advice when needed.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started it yesterday. This is my 4 or 5th, not sure, time starting it. Normally I get bored with it easily, but I'm determined to finish it this time! I'm going to try to do it every day. I know I am going to miss the 6th 7th and 8th of April because I'm going for a 21 mile hike on the 7th, and I don't want to be sore, and I'm going to relax and rest on the 8th. I may miss other days due to migraines, but other than that I will be doing it every day. Also, I'm refusing to weigh in until I'm completely done with the full 30 days of it, so that I will be pretty much forced to finish it! :)
  • active0health
    active0health Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I only made it half way through my test run today.... I'm thinking it's going to kick my tush.
  • jillybean0123
    jillybean0123 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I will be starting after I get home from work in about an hour and a half. I'm really going to need the push and support to keep going because this will be my third time starting. I always get so sore that I stop after day 1 or 2. I think I will be fine if I can just get through this first week. Good luck everyone!
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I started 4 days ago on level 1 but yesterday was a rest day, so today will be my day 3, It's tough but I had started the 30 day shred last month but didn't finish it but I can tell that my endurance is definitely better than last time!
  • astepbysteph
    astepbysteph Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started this on Friday - mostly to just see if I could even handle it and have kept it up, so I am a few days ahead of schedule. I have found that my legs are the sorest. But, I think I can do Level 1, it seems to be getting a little easier each time (minus the sore muscles!)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I will be starting after I get home from work in about an hour and a half. I'm really going to need the push and support to keep going because this will be my third time starting. I always get so sore that I stop after day 1 or 2. I think I will be fine if I can just get through this first week. Good luck everyone!

I got sore too. I recently have found that a hot shower helps relieve the soreness. :) My chest was SUPER sore yesterday and I took a hot shower and I noticed afterwards that it was barely sore. So maybe try to take a hot shower right after to help minimize the soreness. I've also started making sure I get something with vitamins and protein in me right after I do it as well. Not really sure if it will help, but worth a try.
  • RevCO30
    Options
    Hey all! Looking forward to 5pm when I get home and start L1D1! My second go round. For those of you just starting I promise it gets better after a few days you just hve to push yourself through the soreness. I will tell you that I like levels 1 & 3, level 2 is a struggle to make it through all 10 days.
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I started this on Friday - mostly to just see if I could even handle it and have kept it up, so I am a few days ahead of schedule. I have found that my legs are the sorest. But, I think I can do Level 1, it seems to be getting a little easier each time (minus the sore muscles!)

Haha, Yes, it does get easier each time. Still hard, but easier to do. :)
  • Landman3535
    Landman3535 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello all, this will be my second time trying this. I had to quit before do to injury but really liked my results for the first 10 days. I plan on taking a couple of rest days here and there but would like to finish within 40 days.

Good luck everyone!
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I did it today for the first time ever. Yikes! I'm sore.

Curious if you (other team members) plan to do it daily or take rest days? I have seen posts that say both--just curious about what others plan to do.

Also do you just do 30DS or do you add other activity? I row and/ or walk (mostly row) almost daily. Today I rowed 40 min and then did 30DS.
    I'm planning on taking one rest day a week probably Sunday's but it just depends on how I feel Sunday yesterday I planned on doing it but I was super busy we'll have to see
  • spookygirl67
    spookygirl67 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Today was day 2 for me. I rowed for 40 minutes first. I got out my 3 pound weights to use in a few moves I literally couldn't lift my 5 pounds on yesterday. That helped. What I am blown away by is how hard jumping jacks are for me! Wow...
  • pab88
    pab88 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 1 done. This is my second time to do 30 DS and am excited to be starting this challenge again.
  • jdfraser85
    Options
    Hey!!!! D3L1 complete!! I feel great! This is my second time this year that I'm doing the shred! This time I took pics, weighed myself, and using weights.
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Hey!!!! D3L1 complete!! I feel great! This is my second time this year that I'm doing the shred! This time I took pics, weighed myself, and using weights.

Hey today I did level 1 D3 as well. I also took pics and measurements/weight beforehand :) I have always used weights, but I usually start off with 3 lb and when that gets to be easy move to the 5 lb, usually happens 4-5 days through. :)
  • kimerz7
    kimerz7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Did L1D1 today. This is my first time ever doing the workouts so interested to see how it goes!