Best Gym/Fitness Club Deal?

Options
Hi, my one year promo with the Edge Fitness Club ended recently and I've been shopping around for a good gym at good rates. I tend to be frugal, so I'm usually looking for the best bang for the buck in terms of times, locations, classes, and amenities. Does anyone have any recommendations for gyms located between stamford/norwalk area to milford or up the CT valley?

just as a comparison, the edge membership was $19.99/month, $39.99 yearly club enhancement fee, and ~$10 initiation fee. It had newer equipment (seems to be a younger gym), decent amount of group class options, and plenty of chains in the area that I am looking.

I recently shopped around at LA Fitness, which has a few chains, but the membership rate seems to vary depending on who I talk to and when I talk to them. They're best offer current seems to be $24.99/month, $99.99 initiation fee, no club enhancement fee, but you also have to pay first and last month rates ($49.98) at the signup. They seem to have a large range of equipment, from very old to relatively new depending on location, not as many group class options nor decent timings, but they all seem to come with a sauna, hot tub, and swimming pool, which are nice perks.

Replies

• guastato
    guastato Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If there's a planet fitness in your area, it is a great deal, I was paying $10 a month in Stratford for it! Sadly, I just moved to New Milford and there are only local, expensive places around here.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I use club 24, they also have a $10 a month package. They have a bunch of locations, not sure if there's anything out your way or not. If you want classes you have to pay separately OR buy the higher package.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Depends what you're looking to do.

I was a member of:
    Planet Fitness East Haven (used the EH location once, used mostly the North Haven location, used Amity a couple of times, also used the Meriden location once)
    North Haven Health & Racquet (don't!)
    Planet Fitness Bristol
    Gold's Gym Bristol (turned to Club Fitness)

And I tried out Powerhouse in New Haven and I'm a member of Edge in Hamden.

If you're interested in real lifting, don't go to Planet Fitness.
    If you're interested in just cardio machines and weight machines, a PF is fine.

I like Edge ok. If Powerhouse had better equipment (cardio wise), I would've spent the extra money for it.

Most of the Edge locations at 10$ a month if you get the basic, no class, no access to other gyms plan.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love Planet Fitness in Wallingford. It's big, clean, and open 24 hours during the week. I've got the $19.99 membership because I like that I can bring along a buddy for free.