Introducing myself

Options
Hello everyone, I'm Matthew. I've been a Member of OA for two weeks today! I have a Sponsor and have started the Steps. It's going good so far and I'm getting much needed information and support. I've been experiencing and inner peace and calm around my food and eating. I'm not sure if a person can " detox " from food, but that feels like its happening to me.

I won't get too up amp'ed up over it, just thank my Higher Power for it and take today for today's sake and stick to my plan.

I look forward to hearing from everyone and joining the occasional conversation where I can add to it. See you soon.

Replies

• CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hi Matthew, and welcome! I went through a mental detox when I was first introduced to OA, which was such a relief to know that I found a place to fit in. It's good that you are working the steps, I'm also working in the steps the second time around and realizing a new set of issues, which has been an eye opener. Blessings to you as you progress in your journey, as your sponsor guides you, and your higher power embraces you :flowerforyou:
  • sheldonbe
    sheldonbe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome Matthew. Sounds like you are off to a great start and doing all the right things! Trust in your Higher Power and take it one day at a time.

ps - from the looks of your diary you have been doing an awesome job with your plan of eating
  • youthlaxmom
    youthlaxmom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Matthew, I am new here as of today! I am doing a supplement detox I call it with protein shakes and clean protein to get clean. Then I will settle on a meal plan. I find strength in the OA program and missed it terribly. Glad to be coming back and thankful I found this group. Keep up the good work!
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Welcome Matthew!

It's good to read you are experiencing peace. As a lifelong compulsive eater, peace surrounding eating is an incredible blessing to me! :)
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Terri_Wickwire Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome home, Matthew! It's always wonderful to have more join our little band of OA'ers!!
    :flowerforyou: