Mention it Monday...how'd it go?

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Okay, if like me need to refocus after the holidays! So, as much as it pains me ....drink more water today! I know some of you drink a lot but if you over indulged yesterday or last week then commit to drink an extra 20 oz today! We need to flush out the excess salt and sugars!

OH and btw since we didn't check in yesterday...Shout Out Sundays...let us discuss today.....how was last week?
What did you learn? What did you learn from the holiday eating? Good Bad ugly let us mention it all!
Any celebrations?
Vent away!

Replies

• NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    March was bad for me overall. I have found that if I try to take an inch, apparently I take a whole mile. That means I'm going to buckle down for now and stay away from temptation for now until I get stronger. The Easter Bunny gave me the same things as my kids, but after two Reece's Peanut Butter eggs, the basket is going to my kids!

My mom wasn't in the mood to cook/have the mess at her place and I have too small of a place to host holidays, so we went to an Easter Buffet. I did okay (small helping of eggs and small helping of cheesy hashbrown -- went for chicken and salad and fruit otherwise) until I got to the dessert table! The carrot cake was divine.

Water it is! On top of eating too much Easter stuff -- I fell into my old trap of sunflower seeds when I got a visit from TOM. Can we say bloated??? It does amaze me that I feel "yucky" after one day of bad choices, when these choices used to be my every day.
  • hippiefemme
    hippiefemme Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I realized that my mother is a really bad influence on me. I got a modest plate, and she kept saying things like "you're only getting one chicken tender?" and "why don't you get any corn in butter sauce?" and "don't you want more mac and cheese?"

We didn't have any fruit or salad. Our sides were all very carb-heavy and starchy: rolls, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans and potatoes, sweet potatoes, and sweet corn in a very thick butter sauce. Our meat dish was breaded chicken fingers. Then I was offered peanut butter pie or cherry Kool-Aid pie for dessert. I felt bad turning food down because my mom takes it as a personal offense, but I can't eat all that if I want to maintain a healthy diet.

This week, I decided to attempt cutting out soda. I've been doing pretty well with getting only diet soda, but it would probably be best if I knocked it out completely. This week, I'm drinking flavored sparkling water.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    This year has been bad for me. I have recommitted and I am staying Away from temptation all together. This morning was a big wake up call for me
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    So yesterday wasn't awful. For me, since I cook everything, when I sit down to eat I make sure everyone else enjoys it and then I eat just a smidge of everything to make sure the taste is ok. So I rarely overdue at the meal. The left over meal I eat only the things I don't get often and minimal. Yesterday I did of course enjoy my ALL TIME fave candy, one reeses peanut butter egg, years past I would have done 2 & 3 on easter plus all the other junk, malted milk balls, cadbury creme eggs...etc. I purposely shut off the tv, got a big glass of water and sat in silence eating my favorite pb egg candy and enjoyed every minute. :) My walk buddy cancelled on my yesterday, and since I had family coming early the only exercise I got was "serving" everyone. I did find through the day that I was "off" a bit, DUH I didn't feed me the exercise I so needed....I won't make that mistake again.
    Back on track today, looks like maybe this week I can head outside for my lunch and resume lunch walking with this in addition to my night exercising I should be healthier in no time. Side note: I did purchase a new Harley Davidson leather riding coat Saturday I was PLEASED as punch to purchase a medium (my 10 lb reward)....My road is on going....
    Happy Monday ALL!!!
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Coming from a food orientated family, I know exactly what you were feeling. Be strong and teach your mother you are choosing differently. Love comes in so many other forms, we have to make choices for ourselves and feel good about them. You deserve NO GUILT for wanting to be healthy.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Everything was going fine until the wife woke me up and shoved ham in my face. Half a pie, nearly two pounds of ham and over half a dozen honey butter biscuits later....4K calories.

I think I needed a day like that. Not for the calories. Just for the mental reset. Today is a new day. Back on track.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I think we have flipped our leaf over in our family. We all went for a bike ride. When we did the Easter egg hunt, the eggs were full of nuts and toys. I didn't cook a big dinner. And when we went to the movies over the weekend, Mo and I didn't have pop corn or other junk food. I was going to write 'we' but my husband had his traditional popcorn, pop, and candy. And Mo and I ignored it and didn't eat any. When I went to the store, Mo was reading the nutrition labels and making decisions on what he could have by himself. And when I saw the DARK CHOCOLATE GINGER - (whimper) - he looked and said "Mom, that's not a good choice." So I didn't buy it and I'm okay with that. And its SPRING! Time for bikes and gardens and open doors for fresh air, turn off the heater, oh joy! :love: :heart: :happy:
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I learned that I needed to make some changes with my MFP macros and goals. I have surpassed my goal and did not change the settings to reflect that. They are changed now. I am nervous but hopeful all will be well.

It is not about losing weight for me but learning to maintain. I have to say I am still apprehensive about knowing what is a good weight for me. But since at 138 I am fitting into smalls, that should indicate I am at a good weight, right?
  • ajrich1
    ajrich1 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I eat way too much processed food so this month starting this week I am going to eat out less and cook at home more, take my lunch and see what happens. This should help me with sodium intake and my budget(eating out cost soo much). The other thing I learned is I need to move more and stretch way more so I will be working on that as well. This month I want to lose 10 pounds
  • Carpediem1928
    Carpediem1928 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting with MFP today. Want to get back to the shape I used to be in by dropping wait, getting more excercise, and make better choices about my eating. Day one, so far so good. Hit a three mile run this AM at a 10 minute pace (far below what I used to be able to do), and have felt way more accountable about what I have been eating at the halfway point of day one. Hopefully I can stay consistent and keep this up. My birthday is in June. I would like to be twenty pounds lighter by then, and in a much better shape both mentally and physically. Starting today I am also going to give up something I have waaay too often: Soda in all of its forms.
  • mander8282
    mander8282 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't think I did too awefully bad. I made a ham, deviled eggs with light miracle whip and macaroni salad with the smart taste elbow macaroni. Between Saturday evening and yesterday I had this meal about 3 times.....but not too large of portions. Went for a nice hike on saturday, so i am not feeling too gross today :)
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :heart: My weekend went very well, i cooked a small ham, salad, made rolls and scalloped potatoes for family, I didn't have any kids around so no candy in house, which was sad, for I miss the grand Kids, but I know I will be in better health an shape to enjoy them this summer more. off to another week.... stay on track everyone.. it's a life change not a diet...:heart:
  • StarlengME
    Options
    Hi...I'm pretty sure that I've been deceiving myself in what I've really been doing on my journey. Tonight will be a new begining for me. I just need to do this. That's the first step, right?

40394677.png
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Met with the RD this past week, there is possibly 2 reasons for why I'm gaining, not losing: subclinical hypothyroidism or even though metabolism high, it's messed up because it is holding onto everything because it is waiting for the next fast to be inflicted on it (ie an new "diet") because of all the "diets" I've been doing in the last several years that were extreme calorie cuts for me. Nothing I can do about the first (although my primary has agreed to check it out when I go for my annual physical with her this month) RD's recommendation for the 2nd: stop eating for weightloss, start eating for nutrition. Started today, but not tracking yet because of being away from home and away from my habits
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The last couple of weeks in March were horrific for me.... But it's all self sabotage... I had lost 8 pounds from mid February to mid March..... Then I just got overwhelmed self sabotage and binged like crazy. So Easter weekend I kept up the non sense.... I am a daily weigher but have not been on the scale in almost two weeks... I'm afraid to know the damage that I have done... Although I have been exercising 2-3 days a week during this time which is not my normal 6days, I don't believe that I will even out.... I was so close to my goal & just flaked out!!! Boo.... Oh well today I exercised and stuck to my eating plan... Ready to gain my momentum back and stop feeling sorry for myself because I truly don't want to go back!
  • Erin959
    Erin959 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Chugging back the water today. I was doing pretty good until Sunday night. My sister and I specifically asked for NO CHOCOLATE for Easter. We knew that mum's best friend was getting us an egg because she'd mentioned it a few weeks before. What we didn't know was that it was a bowl full of little eggs with a big egg in the middle. Then mum brings out a chocolate bunny for each of us and says "I know you said you didn't want any chocolate but I got you some anyway". We were not impressed, but we're too polite to say anything.
    So between Sunday night and yesterday I managed to get rid of all my chocolate. I feel really crappy today, but at least I can start fresh today with no chocolate.
  • garlic7girl
    Options

We didn't have any fruit or salad. Our sides were all very carb-heavy and starchy: rolls, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans and potatoes, sweet potatoes, and sweet corn in a very thick butter sauce. Our meat dish was breaded chicken fingers. Then I was offered peanut butter pie or cherry Kool-Aid pie for dessert. I felt bad turning food down because my mom takes it as a personal offense, but I can't eat all that if I want to maintain a healthy diet.

Okay you get an award for the resistance piece!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! That was stupendous! My mom too is a War-Lord and I cower every time! Sigh...you are my hero!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    And when I saw the DARK CHOCOLATE GINGER - (whimper) - he looked and said "Mom, that's not a good choice." So I didn't buy it and I'm okay with that. And its SPRING! Time for bikes and gardens and open doors for fresh air, turn off the heater, oh joy! :love: :heart: :happy:

Children are a blessing like little radars! LOL!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    well guys Wonder Woman learned like I have read with some folks blogs....celebrations are meant to splurge. I think they are good too because if you make treats a 'never' trust me you will binge or make up for it some how in another destructive forms. But even with treats we can portion control. I had cake and had a nice piece ice cream and I SAAAAAAAVORED every bite too! Oh I was not rushing that MOMENT!!!!!!!! LOL!
    Like on you said this used to be a daily but now a 'special' occasion thing so no more guilt. It has taken me YEARS to get to this level.
    I beleive in encouragement...one of my dinner guest yesterday was an older teenager. She cheerleads and she was in GREAT shape...I looked her in the eyes and said " Please Please if nothing you don't understand from adults believe this...keep some sort of exercise consistent in your life and DON'T STOP!!!!" I told her because things do change as you age but if you maintain good habits will follow you and not be a drag later in life! LOL! I had some cosigners because a young lady 30 said " yes because I never thought I would gain weight!!!!!!!!!! Never!"

Encourage those younger!
  • Dakota106
    Dakota106 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good evening all! This group is exactly what I need,one day at a time. A challenge a day sounds wonderful,as looking to far ahead for me is to overwhelming. I work a lot of hours so always have my food planned the night before so looking forward to meeting everyone! Diane