Monday 1st April

Options
raven23uk
raven23uk Posts: 528 Member
Well what can I say. My staple food is Peanut Butter, had Marmite on Wholemeal instead and did not feel satisfied. It's gonna be a long road.

Replies

• Swanie76
    Swanie76 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter especially with chocolate. Stay encouraged we can do this. I am excited about the challenge it will help me to be more disiplined. I am looking into more feelling foods and lots of fruit. This will be hard for me as well. I am a snacker.
  • DeneezV
    DeneezV Posts: 6
    Options
    Here we go... after yesterday and all of the easter candy that was way too tempting, I'm up for this challenge!
    I too am a snacker, my lunch bag is packed today with fruits and veggies. My concern for today, is a pot luck tonight... I'm bringing salad, so I know I have something I will eat.
  • mariaseychelles
    mariaseychelles Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi all.its 5 pm here and so far so good!I had a busy day so didnt get much time to dwell on junk. I drank plenty of water. Im so driven right now and i think we have to be determined to achieve this. Tommorow gonna stock up on some healthy snacks in case i get hungry and nibble on junk. Remember plenty of water, protein, fibre will keep us fuller and crave less sugar.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Raven - you can have peanut butter it's GOOD for you :) Just read the ingredients. I do all natural with a little bit of sea salt added. Make sure it does not contain HFCS (bad stuff!!)

I'm so happy to start eating clean although I didn't do too bad yesterday with Easter and all. Today good so far and for lunch I have healthy whole wheat bread, natural ham, cheese, cucumber, celery, tomato and hummus (as my healthy fat). Snack is fresh raspberries and plain greek yogurt.

I also bought for the first time Bragg Premium Nutritional Yeast Seasoning. OK so this does sound weird, but it's a 100% natural source of vitamin b's from yeast. It actually doesn't taste bad at all and I mix it in with hummus or just sprinkle on veggies. It says it's a cheesy flavor but I'm not sure it has much of any flavor - except it's SUPER good for you. I'm a big fan of anything Bragg...have 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar a day and when we make stir fry use their amino acids instead of soy sauce. These are all 100% clean!
  • tresmommy86
    tresmommy86 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Raven - you can have peanut butter it's GOOD for you :) Just read the ingredients. I do all natural with a little bit of sea salt added. Make sure it does not contain HFCS (bad stuff!!)

I'm so happy to start eating clean although I didn't do too bad yesterday with Easter and all. Today good so far and for lunch I have healthy whole wheat bread, natural ham, cheese, cucumber, celery, tomato and hummus (as my healthy fat). Snack is fresh raspberries and plain greek yogurt.

I also bought for the first time Bragg Premium Nutritional Yeast Seasoning. OK so this does sound weird, but it's a 100% natural source of vitamin b's from yeast. It actually doesn't taste bad at all and I mix it in with hummus or just sprinkle on veggies. It says it's a cheesy flavor but I'm not sure it has much of any flavor - except it's SUPER good for you. I'm a big fan of anything Bragg...have 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar a day and when we make stir fry use their amino acids instead of soy sauce. These are all 100% clean!

What is the apple cider vinegar supposed to do? I've never heard of any health/weight loss benefits about it and am interested to know more.
  • mariaseychelles
    Options

your day sounds soooo yummy!keep it up girl!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options

What is the apple cider vinegar supposed to do? I've never heard of any health/weight loss benefits about it and am interested to know more.

Helps maintain a healthy PH balance in your body..you can google it and find all sorts of things about it. They say it helps lose weight, but I"m not 100% sold on that aspect. But I do feel healthy taking it, so I'll continue :)
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    We got this yall!! So far so good today. I had some kashi cereal and skim milk for breakfast, lunch was leftover easter ham, 2 hard boiled egg whites, and a babybel cheese. Not sure what's for dinner but my easter candy is stashed away lol.
  • debk68
    debk68 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    WOW is this hard! I came home from work early and my hubby was making a sandwich on WHITE bread. he offered me 1/2 and i couldn't have it. So I ate a leftover chicken breast instead! which was just as good! I have caught myself a few times today thinking that I would eat something and then I remembered the challenge!

I am also adding Diet Soda and Alcohol to my list.

I just read Jillian Michael's new book and she says something about sabotaging your diet "if you had one flat tire would you go out and slash the other 3 tires? " In relation to this challenge, if you mess up these first few days, don't give up!

I need to hardboil some eggs! That is a great idea!

Deb
  • raven23uk
    raven23uk Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat enough today, I was out and had a late dinner and couldn't have dessert because of the challenge and it got too late to eat. I'll have to plan in advance for tomorrow. But day one done and no junk
  • mariaseychelles
    Options
    WOW is this hard! I came home from work early and my hubby was making a sandwich on WHITE bread. he offered me 1/2 and i couldn't have it. So I ate a leftover chicken breast instead! which was just as good! I have caught myself a few times today thinking that I would eat something and then I remembered the challenge!

I am also adding Diet Soda and Alcohol to my list.

I just read Jillian Michael's new book and she says something about sabotaging your diet "if you had one flat tire would you go out and slash the other 3 tires? " In relation to this challenge, if you mess up these first few days, don't give up!

I need to hardboil some eggs! That is a great idea!

Deb
    Ooh thats a great idea.im gonna add se hard boiled egg to mine too.Im happy u thinking positive despite the craving and pushing through.Keep it up and results will be great.ystrday my husband was having some ice cream n the smell of it was so tempting.i got up and had an apple instead.
  • mariaseychelles
    Options
    I didn't eat enough today, I was out and had a late dinner and couldn't have dessert because of the challenge and it got too late to eat. I'll have to plan in advance for tomorrow. But day one done and no junk
    Good on u!Keep it up!u can do this n beat it!
  • 133amy181
    133amy181 Posts: 17
    Options
    Day one done and no Junk :D. I think I will be fine this week but going out for a meal at the weekend so will have to be careful then. I still need more suggestions of healthy snacks I am eating almonds and cashews and plenty of fruit right now.
  • Swanie76
    Options
    day one went well. I did have a moment when i wanted/crave i just reach for the rice cake instead and was satisfied.
  • tresmommy86
    tresmommy86 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Day 1 went great and day 2 is off to a better start. I had too much sodium yesterday due to prepackaged, ready to eat chicken breast strips! :noway: This is the first time I've tried them and liked the convenience but not at the expense of my blood pressure. Hope everyone is going strong! We can do this! :wink:
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Day one went great! I didn't cheat at all! For snacks had some fruit and pumpkin seeds instead of grabbing my daughters Easter candy lol. I put a note on my fridge that says NO JUNK!!! and wrote 1-21 at the bottom, crossing off the days as I go. It helps me to have the reminder everytime I walk into the kitchen.
  • gratefulpraiserofchrist
    Options
    So, Im a day late, but I wanted to join this challenge! Im so excited about this since Im am a snacker. Im so ready to get this weight off. Im ready to be about then continue to speak about it. So far I have done well. We all can stay encourage with each others help!:happy:
  • Swanie76
    Options
    So, Im a day late, but I wanted to join this challenge! Im so excited about this since Im am a snacker. Im so ready to get this weight off. Im ready to be about then continue to speak about it. So far I have done well. We all can stay encourage with each others help!:happy:

thats the spirit. I am doing good with beating my cravings my substitutions are working.
  • mariaseychelles
    Options
    Never to late.As lomg as u complete 21 days in April then u done;)keep up the good work just focus on the new u n im sure u can make it theough;)))yeyyyy!