Weekly Challenge Welcome Everyone!

Options
rachaelaldora
rachaelaldora Posts: 99 Member
Hi yah! I hope you're all as excited about the next three months as I am!
I'm just an average person like everyone else not entirely happy with where I am and moving towards where I want to be.
So I figured why not start a "challenge" group, this isn't necessarily a challenge against other people if you don't want it to be. It can simply be a challenge against yourself- for those who are competitive its a huge help working with and against others in a supportive friendly manner! I'm one of those competitive types. Ive already had a few messages of people wanting to compete for the sole reason of competing! YES THATS THE SPIRIT!

So if anyone is like me they indulged over the weekend, I myself gained an entire two pounds... Causing this challenge. Together we will get our behinds in gear! I know this post is a little late; I wanted to give some time to people to enter... And if you're entering late- still stay and join us!

I want everyone to commit to this weeks goals.

Garbage- commit to one food that you will avoid for this week. until when the next weeks challenge comes up!
Moving- One thing you promise to commit to doing that gets your moving, it can be as easy as parking at the far end of a store
Inspiration- what is one quote you can use to motivate yourself or others.

So let me start:

Garbage- Chocolate =( I have organic dark mint chocolate screaming my name that i promise you i wont touch this week.
Moving- I promise to start my running interval program I've been meaning to do
Inspiration- " It has nothing to do with motivation, this is all about consistency. No one wants to change from what their comfortable with and no one can stay motivated at all times... You can be consistent though. Stay consistent even when motivation fails to be by your side and you will partner with success" -me

Replies

• regosaki
    regosaki Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    OK so Garbage is...Any baked goods inc bread, croissants, pan au chocolat etc....Baaaaaaaaad bad baked yummy things!
    Moving is...I promise to undertake at least 3 walks this week of 5 miles or over, as well as 3 individual yoga sessions of 30 minutes
    And finally my Inspirational quote.....Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. Lao Tzu
  • Marrhet
    Marrhet Posts: 13
    Options
    Yay a challenge!

Garbage: Taco bell (yes I still stuff my face with taco bell, lol).
    Moving: Jogging 3 times a week for at least 10 minutes.
    Inspirational Quote: "The best way to predict the future is to invent it," Alan Kay.
  • sweetcheeks1978
    Options
    Garbage: Chocolate
    Moving: Kids are on half term for 2wks, so moving wont be a problem
    Inspirational Quote....thinking on that one
  • rachaelaldora
    Options
    It'll be hard giving up chocolate!!
    It already is now that i decided i wont have any haha
    an awesome quote that i just seen

"if your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?"
  • Reinventing_Joi
    Options
    Garbage- [Sigh] Nothing Fried. Hiding the Wesson oil.
    Moving- I will try to improve my time on my 2.2 mile route. Hopefully under 35 minutes!
    Inspiration- Joining this group will keep me accountable.

Hi Everyone!!! Add me :-)
  • CourtneyLeigh83
    CourtneyLeigh83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Garbage: I am already on week three of no pop! yahoo! This week's goal is no more chips. Ugh!
    Moving: Goal is to work out at least 5 days for an hour each.
    Inspiration: "Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time." Mark Twain

"Never, never, never, never give up." Winston Churchill

"The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!" Marvin Phillips

"You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today ad we don't know where the hell she is." Ellen DeGeneres
  • ehilgenberg10
    ehilgenberg10 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm late to every party :). But here goes this weeks challenge :).
    Garbage- Hm. I will not eat sweets this week, and I will only have one soda a day...which isn't cutting it out I know but it's better than four :)..
    Moving- I will be at the gym three times this week. This means I will either have to go Friday morning or Thursday after work as well as Wednesday :).
    Inspiration- I have a quote in mind, but I want to get it right so I'll update this when I get to work, I have it hanging at my cubical.
  • JTS_go
    JTS_go Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    There's not much garbage left in my diet since I quit sugar, so the only thing left is ...
    Garbage: alcohol -- I'll not have a cocktail M-F this week
    Moving: My workouts this week are 30 flights of stairs (done yesterday), strength workout (tonight), Wed. day off, Thurs. walk 3 minutes/jog 2 minutes X 3, Fri. walk 30 minutes, Sat. strength again moving up to 2 sets of 15 reps.
    Inspiration
    Inspiration: "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the deafening sound of my own awesomeness." -- Archer
  • Renibee
    Renibee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would like to be a part of this challenge.

Garbage: Anything with flour no bread, no pastry, after I just stuffed my face this weekend with hotcross buns!! :embarassed: Felt so guilty after eating them... :sad:

Moving: I will aim to get in at least 4 days of workouts at the gym and at home this week. Have only been managing to get in 2 days mostly for the past few weeks.....:frown:

Inspiration: " I'm not there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday"...
  • gabzl
    gabzl Posts: 10
    Options
    Garbage- carbs (rice, potatoes, bread) trying to limit myself to just my english muffin in the morning.
    Moving- promise to stick to the new walking routine that my mom and i are starting
    Inspiration- Walk On Everyone.
  • rachaelaldora
    Options
    Keep everyone posted in this forum with the weekly goals. I haven't had chocolate and I ran a mile today in 11.26 minutes.
    That's great for me since I haven't ran since a year ago actually!
    Keep up the work!!
  • mandeeluvsme
    Options
    Garbage - Butter Croissants
    Moving - Walk 10 blocks to get home instead of taking the train a stop closer to my house
    Inspiration - You can do it!!!
  • ptreasures
    Options
    Garbage: This is hard for me because I gave it all up all ready...lol Ummm, I guess I will give up ranch dressing. I love to add it to my salads even if just a tad.
    Moving: I am doing Insanity, so I promise to do it 6 days this week.
    Inspirational Quote: To Change your body, you must change your mind - picture on Pinterest
  • 140bySept
    Options
    Hmmm ... I wouldn't call it 'garbage' but I'm jettisoning the red wine at 500+ cals a bottle; which also usually involves a plate of tapas. That's probably my extra 1000 daily calories, right there!! I know I can't give up on alcohol entirely, so it's restricted to socially-engaged skinny vodka tonics. And a pint of water as a chaser. Better for the waist, head and skin.

Moving ... 35 mins on the rower (350 cals) plus the return walk to the gym (150 cals)

Inspiration? Well, I don't know how inspiring this is but I totally live by it "The key is to keep company only with those who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best" - Epictetus. Or as my chum says, "Life is too short to spend with folks who squish your happy"

And how many people here use the mobile app for this site? Did you notice what kind of permissions it requires? Seriously, if the CIA invented a decent weight-loss app they'd have no more problems with those pesky public surveillance issues.

Here's to July 3rd, folks - let's look Fab for the Fireworks.
  • frog_friend
    frog_friend Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    garbage~ I will not eat my kids easter candy

moving ~ I will add 30 minutes of hula hooping to my daily routine

inspiration~ The body is your Temple. Keep it Pure and clean for the sould to reside in . BKS Iyengar
  • slarobinson
    slarobinson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Garbage- No Breads, nothing containing bread. Bread is out.
    Moving- Walking at least 30 min each
    Inspiration - "I will beat her. I will train harder. I will eat cleaner. I know her weakness. I know her strengths. I've lost to her before, but not this time. She is going down. I have the advantage because I know her well. She is the old me." not sure by who
  • JTS_go
    JTS_go Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No alcohol M-F: two days down, three to go. Woot!
  • Swanie76
    Swanie76 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Garbage: Chocolate and Soda
    Moving:To walk up 10 flights of stairs daily
    Inspiration: My body is my temple I MUST take care of it
  • rachaelaldora
    Options
    No alcohol M-F: two days down, three to go. Woot!

AWESOME WORK!!! Keep it up!
  • rachaelaldora
    Options
    How is everyone doing on their personal weekly challenge?
    I have run 2.4 miles in two days (I haven't run in a year) , and still haven't had that chocolate! Which is constantly calling my name, LOL!