NON aspartame diet drinks?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
I can't find any! I know coke has some made with splenda and diet rite is also non-aspartame, yet I can't find it anywhere! I've looked at my local grocery stores and walmarts. :explode:

So disappointed! Anyone know where I can find some?

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Options
    Oh, and I drink TONS of water during the day. Just looking to have a small treat at night that's non-water!

Thanks!
  • LoveCincy
    LoveCincy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've found them before at my Kroger, not sure where you are.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    I've found them before at my Kroger, not sure where you are.

Not even sure if there's a Kroger near me. I'll have to check it out though! Thanks!
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I just use fizzy water and fresh lemon or lime juice. Tastes exactly like lemonade / limeade to me.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Dollar General's soda's are made with Sucralose (Splenda).
  • purpleblessed1
    Options
    i thought we r not supposed to use any sweetners....?
  • bassejm0
    bassejm0 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Powerade zero! And it helps with making sure you have enough electrolytes :) Also, there are some energy drinks that don't have aspartame. I think Rockstar sugar free/zero carb energy drinks are made with sucralose.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    i thought we r not supposed to use any sweetners....?

This rumor drives me nuts. Where does it keep coming from?

A Ketogenic Diet does not have a restriction on sweeteners - unless they impact your carbohydrate levels (honey for example) or impact ketosis for you.

SOME people find that sweeteners cause them to have more cravings (I don't). SOME people find that sweeteners can cause them to stall in their weight loss (I don't). You should try to understand how your own body reacts to these, and make your own decision. Also if you do choose to use them, research sweeteners you plan to use to see what info is out there (there is a ton) to see the pros and cons. But there is nothing within Keto that specifically restricts sweeteners.

Many people CHOOSE to exclude these. This is their personal decision, which may be driven based on a number of factors (concern over stalling, wanting to eliminate sweet cravings, a desire to eliminate processed "unnatural foods").
  • Kate1217
    Kate1217 Posts: 13
    Options
    The brand Hansen's is good, Virgil's Cream Soda uses stevia and is awesome for sugar cravings, and then there's this brand called Steaz which make a no sugar/no carb energy drink like Red Bull but without all the questionable stuff
  • Dree3
    Dree3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you can find it, Zevia are stevia-based sodas. They have a bunch of types. I've found them at Whole Foods; they're quite good!

Someone also mentioned sugar-free Rockstar-- love it! But they're pretty expensive compared to most sodas so I try to limit that to one a day max.
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I second Zevia, though I had it before Atkins and the flavor of Stevia was way too strong for me to enjoy it.

As a frequent diet-soda drinker before Atkins, I've found it surprisingly easy to *not* have soda now. I now make a pitcher of koolaid with 1 tsp liquid splenda--it's so delicious and I don't miss the soda at all, even when my boyfriend's having it next to me. Definitely recommend it! I'm going to try to make the koolaid with carbonated water; I don't know if it'll work, but it's worth the shot! (:
  • taxprep_99
    taxprep_99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I personally LOVE Diet Rite products, diet or no diet, keto or no keto, that is just my drink of choice. They sell them in just about every store that I go to, cans and 2 Liters, but I'm in Northern Kentucky. Kroger & Remke/Biggs. I don't believe you're restricted though from aspertame on general keto diets, although you are on Atkins (or at least that how it was in the past--it may have changed since everything seems to change in time). It doesn't really effect me either way. I sort of use the diet soda (whatever brand) as a reward too. If I drink the amount of water that I'm supposed to drink daily, then that is 'my reward', the diet soda. And if I have a great week, the diet rite might get a little bit of Gin mixed into it (although Gin does slow down MY weightloss--but diet soda alone and in general does not). Hope this helps!