FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
7e7036d55ee17516c1c9a53c3bc27915.jpg

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Hi there everyone!!!

We really started April off with some great momentum. Let's keep it up and remember there are 29-30 other days in every month!!! :wink:

I'm super impressed by all of the P90x and Insanity and TurboFire and Jillian Michaels I'm seeing. And also the long workouts--like an hour of yoga! And don't even get me started on the running! After yesterday, I sure can appreciate what it takes for you guys to get out and run for a few km/miles!! We've got a very committed and hard-core group here!

Loveth, glad you've enjoyed the celebrations. You are the good little wifey, aren't you? But now, we must kick your butt. Sorry, nothing personal, but somebody's got to do it! :tongue:

Sheila, be careful with your healing. Hope you are back to 100% soon, you must be really itching to get back in it. :smile:

Toni, you will totally rock your Summer shorts! Keep it up!

As for me, I didn't get to the last 3 circuits of NMTZ last night, which I'll take as a signal that I've tried to schedule too much per day. So I'll do cardio & abs today, plus the last 3 circuits and try to do NMTZ in an every-other-day split. In fact, I should be working out right now, but my little girl just wants to cuddle all day and I'll always find time to work out later, but I might never get this cuddle time back. :wink:
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Love to wake up to sunshine! After the dismal rain yesterday it is a treat to see the sun. I will be hanging out my bed sheets on the line soon...yes! Yesterday I did a 40 minute Jillian Michaels Killer Butt and Thigh video, going to aim for 2 more times this week. Today for sure will be a run day, although it is quite breezy and I hate running against the wind, I will do it nonetheless. Last night I could have been better in the food department, I am a grazer....just pick at things. NOT TONIGHT.

Hurdisnie - very inspiring post! Thank you :) And wow, there is no way I could be doing my workout at 9:45....but awesome for you that you can still have such a busy day AND get your workout in.

Steadybutsure - Happy Birthday!! Hope you get your run in today, have a great one :)

Scrook - crossing my fingers that your leg is soon better. There is nothing that makes you want to run more than not being able to!

Auntsammy - WTG on the exercise yesterday!

luvya7sandra - I do some of the Jillian Michaels videos too, just wondering where the No Trouble zone one focus'? Is it an all over one? The one I've been doing is more lower body.

ctpeace - so true what you said about this lifestyle change being more than about weight and dress size. You can really see the difference in how you feel. Good food = Feel good :)

Jessmart - good plan to study while exercising!

Sam - theres nothing like running on a nice sunny day to make your feel good! even if the run doesn't feel great, you usually do after its done :)

FromHereOnOut - sounds like you are enjoying the running. Funny, the shoelaces i currently have ALWAYS come undone if I don't double knot them. Some are just terrible. Lol

NewAgainPam -Sounds like a great P90X workout for you.. And nice that you got to spend some time with your grandson.
  • scrook43
    scrook43 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Got up this morning and did firm cardio sculpt. Knew I would t have to r later. I'm volunteering at a water stop for the marathon that I'm not able to do sat. Figured at least if get to see my running buddies go by. Thanks for the well wishes on my leg. This injury is taking along time to heal but I am thankful that I can at least do other forms of exercise. I'm a grump when I go to long without my feel good. Hope everyone is having a good day
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Did my Turbo Fire HIIT 25 this morning, which totally kicked my booty! It is supposed to be a beautiful sunny day here in SoCal with a high of 78! Think I might go for a jog, or walk on my lunch break today :) Hope you all have an amazing day!
  • Galonamission81
    Galonamission81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I just finished the fitness blenders HIIT cardio and abs 30 minute workout. Hoping to squeeze in the tank top arms workout later on. I think I'll start running when this snow finally melts.. ( so I'm just a bit envious of you Jessmart83! I loooove SoCal and the lovely weather there! )
    I've been trying to get a good 20 minutes of cardio in each day, in addition to switching between upper body and lower body strength each day. My goal is to be 4 pounds lighter at the end of the month. Gonna need a whole lotta sweat to do that...and a whole lot less tiramisu! Lol

Wishing you all a wonderful day ahead!
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Good morning partners! I walked at a fast pace this morning for 40 minutes since it was on my schedule. It always feels great to be outdoors when the weather is cool and cloudy. I needed to get this done before the thunderstorms roll in this afternoon. My veggie garden is loving all of this rain we've been getting but I don't care for the severe storms at all.

Tara: Enjoy that lovely weather in SoCal! You've got some balanced fitness routines, too.

Jess: enjoy the outdoors with that beautiful weather out your way. WTG on your workout, too!

Scrook: that is so great that you volunteer at the marathon events, plus, you took care of your own body as well this morning.:smile:

Maureli: Enjoy that sunshine...we've got rain on the horizon. I live in a very rural area and would love to put up a clothesline for the outdoors....the smell of fresh bed linens is very nice. I remember this from my childhood years....lol. Jillian Michaels don't play so I know she worked your body HARD! Have a nice run, too.

Sherry: enjoy those cuddles because they disappear when the teens hit but will return when they are adults....LMBO! With fitness, I say get it in where it best fits....you got this :wink:
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Today, I give up!! I started my workout this morning and got through 20min of the 30min of FB torture before I had a strange pull where my thigh meets my hip. (???) Then in the afternoon, we got a call for an appointment. (My son's "extracurricular activity" is modelling & acting...so we sometimes get calls for a casting and then there's cleaning up a grungy 8yo boy to be presentable in a fashion casting, metro or bussing out to some remote office, wandering the neighborhood to find the place, and then waiting to be seen, etc. But, at least he loves doing it and is very good at it--and I get extra Mommy-son time.) Anyway, it consumed my entire afternoon (didn't even get to eat, much less exercise/run). Finally got home starving, ate dinner and there's no way I can workout with this full belly now. sigh. Sounds like an excuse. hmmmm, well NMTZ is fairly quiet, so maybe I can get those last circuits done (from yesterday!) after the kids sleep
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Today, I give up!! I started my workout this morning and got through 20min of the 30min of FB torture before I had a strange pull where my thigh meets my hip. (???) Then in the afternoon, we got a call for an appointment. (My son's "extracurricular activity" is modelling & acting...so we sometimes get calls for a casting and then there's cleaning up a grungy 8yo boy to be presentable in a fashion casting, metro or bussing out to some remote office, wandering the neighborhood to find the place, and then waiting to be seen, etc. But, at least he loves doing it and is very good at it--and I get extra Mommy-son time.) Anyway, it consumed my entire afternoon (didn't even get to eat, much less exercise/run). Finally got home starving, ate dinner and there's no way I can workout with this full belly now. sigh. Sounds like an excuse. hmmmm, well NMTZ is fairly quiet, so maybe I can get those last circuits done (from yesterday!) after the kids sleep

You got 20 minutes of exercise in this morning and that counts. We all have "those kind of days" when life events get in our way. Don't beat yourself up to badly. Maybe you over worked the piriformis muscle in the hip area? Give it a good stretch.

That is so cool that your young son is into modeling & acting, too.
  • Fitdeacon67
    Options
    Hey Gang!
    Sorry I went MIA so soon after being invited to the group. Easter week is a bit of a bear for me. I ate well and stretched but didn't post.

Anyway, yesterday being a Monday and the first of the month ( I love when that happpens!) I decided not to be "stuck" at work without an opportunity to work out. SOoooo, I asked my DH to drop off the dog and away we went for a walk around town in between clients! I occassionaly use my pupper for a "happiness" addition to my massage sessions depending on the client of course. They were all dog lovers, so I was good to go. We walked about 2.5 miles total. Better than nothing.

Today is pilates. DVD's are my go to since I can't swing classes. I like an instructor called Ellen Barret for pilates. If anyone else has some suggestions, I'd love to hear about them!

Peace,
    Fran
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies..

Just bumping, I am at work and I apprieciate all the High 5's thanks-

Sometimes LIFE gets in the way no matter how hard we try to stay infront of it. Don't be hard on yourself about it, just try to adjust. Sometimes all we can do is 10 hard min of working out that's all we can do...I believe the thing you don't want to do is GIVE UP, so something daily will equal some results in a postive way, Nothing daily will always equal -Nothing good_...

So Today on my P90x-workout i'm do Arms and Shoulders and AB Ripper X- I will let you know how that goes.
  • misspiggy408
    misspiggy408 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!

So I missed 4/1's workout, but i'm doubling up my workout today. Today I started P90x LEAN, so i did the core synergistics and burned 557 calories, and this afternoon i will do the cardio X dvd to make up for yesterday. The workout out I did this morning was really hard and took a lot out of me, but no pain, no gain, right? =o) Everyone have a great Tuesday!

Emmy
  • misspiggy408
    misspiggy408 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

So Today on my P90x-workout i'm do Arms and Shoulders and AB Ripper X- I will let you know how that goes.

Good Luck on your workout today =o) How long have you been doing P90x?
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    So, I've returned from my ~ 2 week hiatus. I've been slacking, and I can tell in the way I feel and OMG my face has broken out something terrible. I think it's a combination of bad food choices and not drinking my water. Anyhoo, back to eating right and got my first workout in today! It was JM Yoga Meltdown, so not earth shattering, but it got me up and going. Looks like you guys have been doing great! :smile:
  • Hurdisnie1
    Options
    So, I've returned from my ~ 2 week hiatus. I've been slacking, and I can tell in the way I feel and OMG my face has broken out something terrible. I think it's a combination of bad food choices and not drinking my water. Anyhoo, back to eating right and got my first workout in today! It was JM Yoga Meltdown, so not earth shattering, but it got me up and going. Looks like you guys have been doing great! :smile:

Welcome back .... :-)
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Welcome back .... :-)

Thank you! :tongue:
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options

Welcome back!!! No more ditching! :wink: :laugh:
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Ok, between coordinating with hubby so he can go to the pool and 1yo's bedtime, I fell 15 min short on the run yesterday:grumble: only 30min. I wouldn't have gotten that if it weren't for the baby jogger! Today's will be easier to get in, Insanity video for XT. Have any of you used a Beachbody product in training for a half marathon? I've seen some hybrid programs online, but they seem pretty intense. I'm using the videos as kind of a last resort for XT right now, but I can't believe how it really targeted certain muscles when I did pure cardio last week! Thanks for the encouragement, it helps to see this every day. Whoever said you can form a habit in 21 days lied! I have to make the decision to keep on doing this EVERY day, no matter how long I've been doing it! It gets easier to make that decision, but it's so easy to just not do it sometimes!
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Did my Turbo Fire HIIT 25 this morning, which totally kicked my booty! It is supposed to be a beautiful sunny day here in SoCal with a high of 78! Think I might go for a jog, or walk on my lunch break today :) Hope you all have an amazing day!

Me too! I'm in San Diego, and I don't know if yesterday's run would have happened without the sunshine!
  • Hurdisnie1
    Options
    @Misspiggy408- I just started P90X-Lean on 3/31- So this is my first week, I have been working out consistantly since January. So I have the want to and the will power ...now .I am looking for results... :-)
    We are pretty much on the same sech. I started a day earlier...got anxious...LOL---- :bigsmile:
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Whoever said you can form a habit in 21 days lied! I have to make the decision to keep on doing this EVERY day, no matter how long I've been doing it! It gets easier to make that decision, but it's so easy to just not do it sometimes!

I know what you mean. Like, today, it was a no-go. Tonight, when both me & my husband gave up on trying to round up the kids and just sat listening to them jumping on the bed, when they were supposed to be sleeping. All I could think was: there's just no way I'll get the workout done now. And I was right--I didn't get it done. But, that's life. And when "life gets in the way", it is still all too easy for me to put my workout as the very last priority and let it fall off the agenda. But! I can tell you that on the days when there are no excuses, no "life" getting in the way...I feel weird and edgy if I just sit around, or ~sneak~ "other things to do" instead of my workout. Eventually the "itch" to do it (the habit) wins, because I feel almost naked otherwise.

**And thank goodness, there's always tomorrow!!! (my mantra, of late)**