Does the number of sets/reps matter for fat loss?

Options
aweigh2go
aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
When it comes to strength training and it's impact on fat loss, does it matter the number of sets and reps one does?

I've looked at two programs to do for the next three months:

Program A is a program of push/pull workouts done 3 times a week with 3 sets of 12 reps on each exercise with abs and calves going for 3 set of 25 done in an ABA, BAB fashion (legs are done on pull days). Each bodypart (with the exception of legs) has two exercises.

Program B is a program that is the typical chest/tri, legs/calves/abs, shoulders/calves/abs and back/biceps over four days. Some exercises call for 6 sets with reps of 6-6-6-10-12-12. Some call for 4 sets of 12 and some call for 5 sets with reps of 6-6-10-12-12 each day (don't worry, I take my workout journal with me to keep track of how many I'm supposed to do). Each bodypart (with the exception of legs) has 3 exercises.

Both programs take about an hour a day to complete. The only difference besides the set/rep scheme is one is a three day a week and the other is a four day a week.

I realize eating enough is key to losing fat and I do cardio as a desire and not as a necessity. I've recalculated my calories based on "moderate" activitiy level with a 20% deficit.

Which program would be the best to lose fat though?

Replies

This discussion has been closed.