garden fresh brocoli

Options
rdonald57
rdonald57 Posts: 74 Member
just harvested a ton of brocoli from the raised garden. Besides brocoli with cheese what are some good atkins recipes please?

Replies

• nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    My favorites are low carb broccoli cheese soup and homemade Alfredo sauce poured over grilled chicken and broccoli! YUM!! I'm so jealous! I could not get broccoli to grow...but I have no idea what I'm doing! If I could grow broccoli and cauliflower and had a chicken coop for eggs I'd save a ton of money on groceries! Going to build a chicken coop this summer! :bigsmile:

Enjoy your harvest!,
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    love broccoli, enjoy!

As for recipes, well I just add butter and parmesan and you can't really beat that :p
  • rdonald57
    Options
    Sounds like you guys know what your doing around the kitcheon. I just microwave the brocoli for 5 min and add cheese. Trying all those recipes tomorrow
  • shanasv
    shanasv Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wash it and put it, along with some olive oil and seasonings in a gallon ziplock bag, and shake. Then roast in the oven. YUM
  • livinglc
    livinglc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    just harvested a ton of brocoli from the raised garden. Besides brocoli with cheese what are some good atkins recipes please?

I am so envious. We are just starting to prep for garden. The snow just melted.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I make a cold broccoli salad with a mixture of mayo, apple cider vinegar, Splenda, bacon pieces, chopped red onion, and chopped pecan pieces. Mix all together and it's so yummy!
  • rdonald57
    Options
    The wife just made a crustless bacon swiss and brocoli quiche, she whipped up the eggs and the quiche was really light and scrumptious