Friendly reminder on weight zig-zag

Options
bradthemedic
bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
When you are eating enough food and working out heavily enough your body weight can fluctuate. Add a carb load day and some creatine and now we're talking some serious water retention.

Here's an example: I've been hovering at 219 lately. I weighed last night for fun and came in at 234.

I am not bothered by it because I looked ripped (lol) but for the ladies who get tied up by the scale over and over... Get over it! Our bodies aren't machines. Go with the flow so you can look and feel better than ever before in your entire lives!! This is so worth it.

- Daily encouragement by Brad ;)
Instagram: bradthemedic

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Thanks Brad!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    You look great btw!
  • Jbonar
    Jbonar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I need remind myself daily of this as I'm fighting scale obcession. I have done things I never imagined I'd do over last few years (a full marathon and several half's) and I see a certain # on the scale and suddenly I'm a failure. It's craziness!!! :huh:
  • curlygirly80
    Options
    Thanks Brad! I havent jumped on the scale recently but feeling pudgy, however I look better than i have in years. I look and feel awesome since I started lifting. More encouragement to stay away from the dreaded scale! Thanks for the reminder!
  • bradthemedic
    Options
    My pleasure. :)

I posted it because I know how we are told by society we need to be a certain weight from a very young age. Psychologically I still place value in those 3 little numbers.

But the reality is they don't matter at all. I think a 15lb fluctuation really speaks to that. I weighed last night at the same time and came in at 226. It's amazing what our bodies do!

Enjoy your journey, but most of all enjoy your health.
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Needed that today! Thanks Brad!
  • amandacepstein
    amandacepstein Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks Brad! I need to break up with the scale at the gym.
  • AmyzNewGroove
    AmyzNewGroove Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well said, Brad! *virtual high five*
  • bradthemedic
    Options
    I just weighed in at 217.8 - have a great rest of the week pals!
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I had to end my very serious relationship with my scale. He lied! He broke my heart daily! It just had to end! I revisit him once or twice a month to try and keep things friendly (since he lurks in my closet) but that's about all I can do!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! My scale loss has slowed to a crawl. But I'm down a pants size and can button the next size down though that size is still a little tight. That with only about 4 pounds lost in nearly 8 weeks. The scale number truly doesn't matter but like you said, it still matters in my head, at least a little bit.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I've been working on breaking my scale addiction and how letting go of how the number on it affects me. I've actually cried and kicked my scale and told it I hate it all because of a few pounds! It's hard to get past the idea that an increase doesn't mean you're failing or doing something wrong.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    All I have to say to this is....AMEN!!!!!!
  • bradthemedic
    Options
    Lets get this in front of any new eyes that may be considering this lifestyle. :)

Notched my belt down to my final hole... Up 5lb. The scale lies. ;)
  • amandacepstein
    amandacepstein Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I weigh 15 lbs more than last year - same size clothes.