Challenge: Build Your Own Goal

Options
13turtles
13turtles Posts: 183 Member
Okay everyone, so many of you have heard me say that i love a good challenge to keep me focused on the boards. Instead of putting in a specific time fame for everyone, I though I'd set up a place where anyone who wants to can build their own goal.

For me, I have my 6 month post-op appointment on June 21st. I would LOVE to be in the 200 - 210 weigh range by that time. I currently weigh 240, so that is 10 pounds per month for the next three months. Also, I'd like to walk in at least one 5K before that time, and I really need/want to up my strength training routine. My "sleeping muscles" in my arms are shrinking, but they need some better definition!

So here are my goals:
By June 21, 2013
Weight 200-210
Strength Training - 3x weekly using Strong lifts 5 x 5
Cardio - Daily 45 - 60 minutes
New Exercise - A 5K Walk/Run

Feel free to join me in my new challenge! I always like buddies! I will post my progress weekly, just to help me stay on track.

Replies

• kileybug34
    Options
    My goals are:
    1) To lose 70 lbs by 9/19/13
    2) Keep going to boot camp once a week, zumba twice, and walking 2-4 miles a day.
    3) To keep trying the couch25k.
    4) Get in that bikini for our 10 yr anniversary trip to Bahamas on 9/19/13.
    5) Build up my arms more and tone everywhere.
    Good luck!
  • Butlavie
    Butlavie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    CURRENT WEIGHT 180 LBS

So here are my goals:

By JULY 28 Weight 150-160
    Swimming 3X a week
    Cardio 3X a week
    Strength Training - 3x weekly

BY NOVEMBER WEIGHT 120-130
    Being able to jog for 1-2 miles
    Have more upper body stregnth

more sexier clothes
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I really want to have goals. I have now gone 7 weeks with zero weight loss. Have done everything I know to do. Still following my diet to the letter and exercising 5-6 days a week. Have upped the calories to the point of being miserable, dropped them back. Been in touch with my dietitian and surgeon, and all I get is that 160 may be my "set point" weight and I won't lose more. This I do not accept because I still have a lot of excess fat around my middle, around my neck, and arms. I know my body. To set a goal now I think would just lead to more disappointment. At seven months out I should still be losing--maybe not quickly, but some weight loss should occur. No one can convince me that my BMR or TDEE is below 900 a day. What gets me is that I didn't go into this surgery, follow everything perfectly, to have it stop here.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Ok heres mine... :blushing:

by the end of the yr,
    1.Hit goal weight(25 bmi) or 11 stone 7lbs :drinker:
    2.tone up seriously and hopefully be able to wear a size 12 jeans(uk) I did say HOPEFULLY! :wink:
    3. ummm that's it really! that's all I want in life :happy:
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    My goal for the immediate future is to lose 10 pounds so that I can have the surgery. I can't seem to shake it. I know I am eating ok. And I am now working out. I guess I just have to hit the gym more often. I will get there. I know I can. I know I can.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I am bouncing around 132-134 every other day it seems. My personal weight goal is 130 but at this point I don't know if my body has "set point" at around 135. I will be 10 months post op from sleeve on 4/11/13. So, I guess I would still like to get to 130 for my 5'4" height and then maintain that.
    I want to continue to walk 2 miles in 30 min. M-F at 5:30am to my walking dvd, hit the gym 3-4 times a week or more if possible for cardio and strength training, continue doing 40-50 situps every morning along with my weights I lift for my arms at home and continue to do Planks and increase my time with those. I recently started doing squats, 30-60 a day with no addtional weight but my body weight. I want to increase the amount of those and then add weight to it. Try to tone up this loose skin if that is possible.
    Thinking of joining a pool and learning how to swim so that requires swimsuit shopping also! Ugh! Not looking forward to that. I am about a size 6 now but loose skin isn't pretty!
    Good luck to everyone on their goals!