Options
berthabunny
berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
Quick stats
Female
5'6"
149 pre-reset
154ish end of reset and currently
Macros: 40%c 30%f 30%p (roughly, and I always get more than my body weight in protein on workout days, usually on others as well)
TDEE 2600-2700 (I am not exact about measuring food, therefore leave some extra room when counting, also why I went to an 18% deficit. My counting gets me around 2550 for TDEE and 2130 for -18%).

OK, so I am in one month down since starting my deficit. Before that I did 5 weeks of a reset. I truly thought my weight had leveled off and I have adjusted to the amount I was eating, which is why I started the deficit.
The first week after starting my deficit, I lost 2.6 pounds, I know some of that was water weight, but was pretty happy anyways. In the three weeks since then I have steadily gained those 2.6 pounds back. I am right where I started my reset and 5 pounds heavier then I was when I started EM2WL. :ohwell:
The first two weeks of deficit were the end of my swimming season, 9-10h/week including dryland, so I had roughly the same workout routine as during reset and used TDEE -18%. The next two weeks I started heavy lifting (NROL4W) 3x30ish min/week and crew season began, 5-6x1h/week, while swimming (relaxed, easy) an hour or two a week . This means my workout routine changed drastically, so I switched to doing about -2900-3000 calories a week (around/a little more food than a 18% deficit).
I know I have gained muscle :) and dropped some body fat from how I look, but my measurements are the same as when I started (although I am 5 pounds heavier).

I am really trying to concentrate on things beside the scale, and am only weighing once a week.
The reason I want to lose weight is to be in really good physical shape (looks would be nice, but are beyond secondary) this summer (Basic Training) and to make sure I am reasonably far under the weight requirements. I am right on them now, although I know my body fat is way under the body fat requirements. One huge goal is to do legitimate pull-ups.

Is there something I should be doing differently?
Do I just need to wait longer for results?

Any advice greatly appreciated :smile:

Note on my diary) Last two weeks combined will show you fairly well what I eat and I had lots of protein powder, instead of meat, last week because we couldn't go shopping and that was in the house.

Replies

• CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If you started lifting in week 2, that would account for the gain. You will experience a pretty drastic water retention in your muscles. Give it 4-6 weeks of lifting to level out. Did you take measurements?? That will be a better gauge. Keep at it! I think you are on the right track :)
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Wow, OK. I did not realize that it lifting could have that effect for so long. Thank you for telling me :)

I have taken measurements, they have not changed. I can tell I am thinner in certain spots (my face, wrist, collarbones and ankles mainly), but nothing I measured at the beginning.

Thank you
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Well, it's more a matter of after each workout you get water back again, during the whole time you are sore and potentially longer if not getting sore anymore.

Even when not getting sore, if you did the lifting right, you should gain easily 2-4 lbs after a lifting workout for 24-48 hrs depending on your recovery time.

Hence the reason you never weigh when sore, or day after any exercise.