Changing Macros to 50% carbs / 25% protein / 25% fat

Options
Have you had success with this?

What calories are you eating and whats your current weight and height?

Replies

• CrystalX82
    CrystalX82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was curious about this too... i start tomorrow and have received some feedback to gear the carbs down a bit. I've been at 40/30/30 for awhile but figured the extra carbs would help with replenishment and energy.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i am doing the lean schedule and am on week 4 of bulk. i was eating 40% carbs/ 30% protein/30% fat before this and i upped my macros to 50%carb/25%protein/25% fat. i am never over on carbs now, which is awesome...but i'm always over on fat. i've lost body fat and my muscles are bigger...but not as big as i thought they'd be. i'm eating 2000-2200 calories each day so i think in the next round, i might up my cals.
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    When I went up with the carbs above 40, my % of body fat went up even when I decreased my calories or increased them. I have a scale that tells me body fat, muscle, bone as well as weight. 40/30/30 works for a while but my progress has stalled. I'm now experimenting with upping the fat but of course making it good fat. For example going back to cottage cheese with fat, yogurt with fat. I'm used the body beast calculation for the calories amount. My % body fat and % muscle mass is going in the right directions again but it is too soon to tell whether it will continue.
    Since last October, when I intensified my exercise I made progress but not in a straight line. I used the P90x, Rush Fit, Les Mills Combat and Body Beast. I've decreased my body fat 7%.