WOMEN- Menstruation

Options
sdotcurll
sdotcurll Posts: 9 Member
Any of you ladies expeirence a significant change in your periods when doing Medifast, specifically having it last for a few weeks at a time? I am on my 3rd month of birth control, my first 2 months were fine. but my 3rd (which is when I started Medifast) it won't go away.
I am wondering if it is all of the soy I am consuming. I have an appt with my dr but that is in a few weeks.
Thanks!

Replies

• PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hm, no...no discernible change for me.

I wouldn't think that soy should do that either....only because I've eaten soy in quantity for much of my life, and I've never had it have any kind of effect like that.

Are you using a different kind of BC than before (or is this your first time ever on it? Can't tell from your post). Sometimes it takes a few cycles for BC to shake out properly and settle down.
  • chellynn1983
    Options
    I noticed mine changed, last month it was a little longer than normal
  • sdotcurll
    sdotcurll Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been on it before, and this is a new type. It could just be my body getting used to it. Thanks!
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I do think the soy is having an effect on me - I had to resort to my herbal solution to slow things down this month - it's been 7-8 years since I've needed to use that!
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    No change for me
  • sdgirly
    sdgirly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I actually noticed my period was lighter and shorter. Also I had absolutely no cramps which is highly unusual for me. I was wondering if anyone else had that same experience.
  • cindylopher
    cindylopher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow. This explain it. I've been on the pill for 14 years, and last month (my 3rd month on MF) I got my period a week early even though I'd not missed any pills AND it lasted damn near 2 weeks! It's typically 3 days MAX.

Any idea how it reacts with the pill?
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Often people think its the soy but weight loss can make your period wacky too!