Time for a new challenge?

Options
mfpcopine
mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
I dropped out of the challenge last year (sorry), but I would be interested in joining another. Maybe we could try a shorter one this time and build from there?

Replies

• MelanieSkittle
    MelanieSkittle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I really like this idea
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    Hope more people are interested. :smile:
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'll do the spreadsheet again if you like. Spread the word and lets see if we can get a turnout.
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    I'll do the spreadsheet again if you like. Spread the word and lets see if we can get a turnout.
    I pm-ed SlickDaddy that I'd do it, but if you're willing, that would be great. Do you have suggestions for getting the word out?
  • mfpcopine
    Options

I posted in the general forum, asking people who might want to try Intermittent Fasting for 30 days to come here and express interest.
  • pauljones4469
    Options
    count me in please explain more about it im on strict liquid only at moment on day 3 off my fresh start x
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    count me in please explain more about it im on strict liquid only at moment on day 3 off my fresh start x

Last year, there was a challenge of about 17 weeks. I am suggesting one of 30 days, which could be renewed. You pick an Intermittent Fasting program, follow it, and post your weight each week.

There’s an Intermittent Fasting group here that describes programs. You can also Google the general topic as well as programs such as Leangains, Fast 5, 5:2, and Eat Stop Eat.
  • xina84
    xina84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested :)
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    I'd be interested :)

Thanks. Let's see if a few more folks want to participate. Although we could go with a smaller number. We few, we happy few, we band of fasters...
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    me too, was on the original. I PM'd slickdaddy a while ago asking if he wanted help with the admin of the group, happy to help out if a new group starts. :drinker:
  • anamika7v
    Options
    count me in...
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    count me in...

I'll PM SlickDaddy and the member who was willing to do the spreadsheet.

When would you all want to start? Next week?
  • anamika7v
    Options
    Sure, we can start next week.
  • MelanieSkittle
    Options
    I'm good with starting next week too
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    I've PM-ed SlickDaddyCool and LowCarbNY.
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • twostepsforward
    twostepsforward Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this too please. I started the last challenge but didnt see it to the end but I want to this time. I am having troble deciding which if to go with. Leangains or 5:2. Whats everyone else saying?
  • MelanieSkittle
    Options
    I am doing 5:2 since I've done it before and I like how I feel while doing it. The challenge is to plan out what I will eat on the five eating days so that my average calories for the week is where I want it to be (1850). I like planning out menus though so it isn't a bother for me.
  • CoachTommyB
    Options
    so we just start next week? like first weigh in on Monday? This will be fun! I'm actually in a community weight loss competition for my city, and we have our final weigh in on may 13th! This will be nice to have extra support for last bit!
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    I've been in touch with LowcarbNY who has agreed to handle the spreadsheet. I will post a new thread very soon.