Help, over 3000 cal!?

Options
I'm training for the Tough Mudder this summer. 5'6" and 118lbs. My trainer has bumped up my calories to over 3000 per day! I can barely get in 2000. Even with 2000 calories my weight either drops or stays the same. No junk food, no bad carbs, any suggestions?

Replies

• iarharbi
    iarharbi Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Christine, I had the same problem since I wasn’t used to eating a lot. I found out that drinking is a lot easier hahaha, so what I do is eat around 2500 calories and for the rest 500 I drink an oatmeal smoothie.

I mix around 100 to 150 gram of oatmeal with some fruits and water (usually either with an orange or apple) using a blender. You can also use milk of course, I am lactose intolerant tough so that is not an option for me :P

100 gram of oatmeal contains around 356 calories! And around 60g carbs, which makes this smoothie a perfect post workout meal.

Btw you can also add some whey protein to the mix if you are building muscles! :D

Good luck!
  • christinezittel
    christinezittel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I'm trying to drink. (I'm also lactose intolerant) I haven't tried the oatmeal smoothie yet. I just had a morning smoothie worth almost 900 calories. I added the whey, thank you! :tongue:
  • Tabrean
    Tabrean Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Do you cook the oatmeal first or just put it into the blender uncooked?
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Grape juice has a shocking amount of calories..I like kedem brand...boost is another healthy drink that packs 360 calories in one bottle..
  • Mikemax125
    Mikemax125 Posts: 108
    Options
    Serious Mass made by Optimum Nutrition is a 1250 calorie shake with high carbs, high protein, low in fat. If u go this route u can always half the servings, half in the morning, other half at night.
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    also adding just 1/8 of a cup of flax seed to a juice you might make on your own adds 132 calories to it...also thats 6 teaspoons when you log it in mfp
  • christinezittel
    christinezittel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you! These are some really good tips!
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That's a fun goal. I think add a yummy dessert to each meal. Or, polish each one w/a choclate milk or boost. I would be picking out my favorite things, fruit juice, chocolate protien bars, cheese cake, ect anything small to fit it in there. :smile: