Graduation day for me!!

Options
clhardy5
clhardy5 Posts: 68 Member
I've been lurking on this board since I restarted C25k for the third time.....staying quiet because I didn't want to get involved - just to give up again. This time - however, I think I've made it!!! Today is Week 8 day 3 of the Zombie, Run 5K app - and I'll be completing the run this morning!!! I'm really excited that I stuck to it this time around - and want others to know that if I can do it - you can too!!!

A little about myself - I'm a 50 year old mother of 5 - grandmother of 1 with a nueromuscular disease called myasthenia gravis. But I stayed the course - went slow - didn't give up - and today, I get to finish!!!

I'll post back after my run to let all of you runners know how it went!!

Carrie

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Please let us know! You are so inspiring. How many great excuses you had not to start - and now you're finishing! That is awesome.
  • GC2B
    GC2B Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hope your last run goes well xx
  • Stripeymitten
    Stripeymitten Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    congrats - how did it go?!
  • sandyinsc
    sandyinsc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!! Looking forward to your report!!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!
  • clhardy5
    clhardy5 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I did it!!! And it actually felt good - after the first mile! I only averaged 12:00 miles - but I'm perfectly at peace with that. Now looking for whats next....I definitely do better if I have schedule....I guess I'll do a search on the forums for what programs people graduate to.

Stay the course if you are still on the journey - you can make it - AND - it is so fulfilling to complete this goal.

Carrie
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Some people do the 10k program.

I'm using the SmartCoach program on Runner's World. You put in your current stats and a race date, and it comes up with a tailored workout for you.

Others join a running group.