HELP!!!!!

Options
So I've been on the pill for about three years to try and help manage my Endo and PCOS. I've been on a pill called Yazmine for about 5 months and was cleared by my doctor to skip a period every now or then if it happened to fall on a week when I was busy or out of town. Well, I was going to go to New York in a few weeks, so I didn't take my sugar pills this month and just continued on to the next pack so that my period wouldn't fall on the week I was in New York and I could actually enjoy the trip & not be completely incapacitated in the hotel room the entire time. However, my body still decided to have a period, even though I skipped my sugar pills. Has this ever happened to anyone? Does anyone know whats going on? The doctor is flabbergasted. HELP!!!

Replies

• Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hello

This is very common with endo, especially if you have been on hormones for a long time. This is probably just a breakthrough bleed if it is not a common occurance for you.

For me, it was hard to stop me from bleeding..... ever! I was on Yasmin at one point but in order to try to stop the bleeding I had it permenantly with no breaks. Evenetually my body 'got used' to the hormone level and then the bleeding would start. I tried the continuous pill + Implant at the same time, and the same thing happened. Also tried the depo injection + pill, and nothing could stop me from having a period which would last for anything up to 50 days, with only 5 or so days between them.

My saviour (touch wood) is the mirena IUS. I am now period free for 20 months :o)

I would keep an eye on things but this may be your body getting used to the hormones and it may be time to try something new.

Best of luck hun x
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Endo is such a beast. I hope this is not too graphic, but until I had my uterus taken out I bleed like a stuck pig. It really was hemorrhaging. My hematocrit dropped. I was anemic.

The Depo-Lupron helped the bleeding and the pain but came with it's own depressing side effects. But I am glad I did it. It saved my life as I was ready for something drastic just to stop the excruciating pain. I would recommend it to women who have exhausted everything else and are not ready for surgery.

I hope your trip to NYC is fun. And you feel good.
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Let me just say, you are NOT alone! Haha!

This is common with endo.

I've been lightly bleeding for about 3 weeks, ever since I stopped taking Cymbalta. I use Nuvaring and sometimes I can go 6 months without having a period and sometimes it just happens and doesn't go away. It is so frustrating.
  • Angelbinick21
    Angelbinick21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just finished a round of 6 months of Luperon shots. AWFUL. I hated it, but it did stop the bleeding and lowered the pain. One of the major reasons I'm back on MyFitnessPal is due to the 40 pound weight gain I experienced on the shots. Now the doctor has me on a strict 1100 caloreis/day diet plan. I'm finally coming out of the fog and starting to feel better.

So glad I found this group of ladies that knows what it's like!