Gym times - when do you workout

Options
iamladibeast
iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
Hi everyone,

I recently joined Planet Fitness, and thus far I love it. The issue I'm having is that after work it is so congested that my wait time for the equipment is a bit longer than I would like. I'm thinking about trying out 5am workouts but I have to get my daughter up and ready for school and myself ready for work, so not sure how it would work out. Or I'm thinking to go to the gym around 8pm when it not as busy.

Any ideas? What time do you guys hit the gym. Keep at it my friends.

Thanks much.

Leslie

Replies

• Addicted2_fitness
    Addicted2_fitness Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I usually head to the gym at 5am. My gym is usually pretty busy but it opens up at 5 and I am usually one of the first people there. I've been doing it for about 6 months and I love it! I have also tried the 8pm gym sessions but they didn't work so well for me. I find that I have more energy to put into my workout when I go in the morning... Congrats on your new gym membership and good luck with whatever you decide!

-Melanie
  • Aakornely
    Aakornely Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I also go to planet fitness, well when I can... I like to go Saturday & Sunday afternoon and if I can get there during the week I go after I have dinner. That way the after work rush is over and when I get home I can shower and put on my lounge clothes. Also with working out later in the evening, i dont snack and I dont have the cravings when I get home. Not sure if this is the suggested time to workout, but its what works for my schedule. Go when can and do it for yourself. Before I work out I set goals, this helps me push through.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Hi! For over a year, I worked out at home after my 2 kids went to bed. Then about a year ago, I joined the gym and I go 4 times per week on my lunch break buuuuuuuut it gets pretty crowded in there around noon so I try to go at 11 but sometimes it's still too crowded (like today). I have gone in the morning a couple of times but it was really rough having everything all ready and worrying about the kids and everythign like you say. It's definitely a matter of finding what works best for you :smile:
  • tgmoore34
    tgmoore34 Posts: 18
    Options
    I have found that working out right after I drop the kids off at school in the morning works best for me. Thats about 8am. I have been going faithfully since I started the challenge. I put my workout clothes on and go straight there after my drop off. Then I get dressed and head to work/meetings etc. I find that when I workout in the afternoon I am exhaused and don't burn as much.

I am also not a member of a tradition gym, I signed up at my local rec center. Its mostly older people and not crowded at all in the am. I do miss all the thing a 24 hour fitness has to offer but I don't miss the crowds or waiting for the machines.

Good luck:)
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I usually head to the gym at 5am. My gym is usually pretty busy but it opens up at 5 and I am usually one of the first people there. I've been doing it for about 6 months and I love it! I have also tried the 8pm gym sessions but they didn't work so well for me. I find that I have more energy to put into my workout when I go in the morning... Congrats on your new gym membership and good luck with whatever you decide!

-Melanie

THIS ^^^^^^

I used to be in the military so I just love morning workouts. You can do it and will find it so much easier :-)

Stacy
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I actually workout on my lunch two days per week and afterwork the remaining days, I actually LOVE the lunchbreak strength training the most! I'm a bit exhausted right after, but it usually turns around and I'm energized until 5! On the days I workout after work, it's hard because,once I get home, I have to do some major self-motivation to get back out to my workout. I hope you find that perfect "sweet spot" for your schedule.
  • shtupndoit
    shtupndoit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've started working out at 5 am and the gym is less congested. It's easier to get my reps in early as opposed to the evening when it tends to be packed. I love the energy I have after a morning workout. I also workout after work at 3:30 and it's not too bad.
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206
    Options
    My workout times vary depending on my work schedule. I do think its better to get the workout done and over with early so you can rest and unwind in the evenings
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym about 615am....and I am sorry for not having any suggestions...I don't have kids YET....but definitely will factor in these things when I do....

Appreciate all the support and tips for our pal....You guys rock!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    We've put together a pretty good home workout room so I workout at home! So usually it's @ 5am. I rarely workout in the evenings. That burn in the morning gives me energy throughout the day.