Like-Minded

Options
Hey there! I'm a 38 year old mother of 4 aspiring to enter into my first figure competition this year! Im playing around with different methods of diet and weight training......learning as I research! My husband and I are teaming up to take on this challenge......I have his 100% support!
I would love to join up with other women who are on the same journey for support as well as sharing tips, etc..... :)

Replies

• ardavis23
    ardavis23 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have commited to do my first figure show in August! I am very VERY nervous! but I am also excited!
    I too, am playing arond with differnt approcahse in my diet to see what works best.
    I would love it if I could have more MFP ladies that are experienced or first time competitiors to be my PAL.
    I would love ALL the motivation, support, Tips ANYTHING, I could get. And I would be sure to do the same!
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello, I did my first bikini show in August '12, and am doing my first figure show in less than a week! (April 6th). I plan on going back and forth between the two depending on which state I am competing in. On April 27th I have another bikini show. Love competitor friends on MFP!
  • KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I'm a figure competitor as well. Competed three times last year. I have 3 more shows this spring, starting with my first one of the year this Saturday. If you have questions, let me know, but I primarily work with a coach/training team.
  • elesehanson1224
    Options
    Hi I am new to this as well! I am hoping to compete later this year. I just started working with a coach...but figured this would help me be accountable. Trying to do a plan for the day based on her suggestions. Anyone in the Chicago area? I am looking for a competition to go see in May for some inspiration. Hope everyone is having a great Monday! -Elese
  • KikiD22
    Options
    Hi I am new to this as well! I am hoping to compete later this year. I just started working with a coach...but figured this would help me be accountable. Trying to do a plan for the day based on her suggestions. Anyone in the Chicago area? I am looking for a competition to go see in May for some inspiration. Hope everyone is having a great Monday! -Elese

I am!! Competing this weekend at ABA Natural North America at Hinsdale South H.S. You should definitely come out and watch a show.
  • KikiD22
    Options

LOL!! Just saw Staci's Facebook post. You joined my team!!!
  • elesehanson1224
    Options
    HA really?!! too funny that I also found you on here! Well, talk about motiv8n, right? :)
  • TrueBodyCoach
    Options
    Hey there! I would love to see your food journal! :)
  • rebeccawoolward
    rebeccawoolward Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me too! I want to compete in figure, though I have a long way to go with my little twiglet arms! So maybe not this year... ;-)