Has anyone compared BMF TDEE with Firbit

Options
jaz050465
jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
I find BMF gives me about an extra 300 cals a day. I don't know what to believe?

Replies

• Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I haven't compared them yet for that, but I have noticed that the step count between fitbit & my bmf core is very different
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fitbit, but from what I have read...BMF takes more into consideration when calculating calorie burn then does a fitbit. The fitbit doesn't have the same technology built in as a BMF so it only records certain data. I would go with the BMF.
  • PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    bodymedia fit is more accurate. it reads your body in relation to calorie expenditure. id believe BMF over Fitbit.
  • itstheamarie
    itstheamarie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    my BMF is always 150-300 cal higher than my fitbit, but the steps are lower. I'm confused at which one to believe for the inactive times. It's obviously more accurate in that it measures the intensity of your steps ( i.e. stairs vs flat steps).

I'm still afraid that my metabolism is ruined from VLCD to use it for creating my deficit!
  • tahinilove
    tahinilove Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Im the same. Dont know which to trust!
  • lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    I've wore both the BMF and FitBit together for over a week this winter. Alot of my winter activity is not step related (I raise cattle - spend alot of time cleaning barn and grinding feed in winter) and the FitBit regularly recorded 30% less calories burned than the BMF. The steps however were typically w/in 600 (I'm typically over 10,000 steps/day) w/the Fitbit being higher. I have worn them together once or twice since spring started (when my activity involves more steps) and they are closer in calories but the FitBit is still at least 15% lower. I totally trust the numbers from my BMF -- it has been extremely accurate for me while losing (3 months) and during my maintenance (2+ years)..
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    My BMF is much more accurate for calories burned--there is usually a 300-500 calorie difference for me--but Fitbit is much more accurate for steps.