Looking for motivation

Options
ericagreb
ericagreb Posts: 14 Member
I have just started clean eating and it is a pain to log food because I feel like I have to make my own recipes every time, has anyone found a good way to log food if you cook everything on your own? Maybe I am just being Lazy, feel free to friend me, thank you.

Replies

• Marga40
    Marga40 Posts: 25
    Options
    I agree, it's time-consuming at first! If you tend to make the same things, eventually most will be on your recipe tab. That way the more you track the easier it will get.

My problem with recipes is determining amount of servings for big batch items like chili. It's a huge pot of beans and veggies - I don't know how many servings that is!

Either way it's worth it to not be eating garbage convenience foods! I'll send you a friend request, too.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    While I will admit to eating some easy foods, for the most part I cook from scratch for my son who has high Cholesterol at 9 years old. I am very picky about the ones I choose to use. Yes I have to create a lot of recipes in the counter, but once they are in it gets easier.
  • Fit_And_Heathy_Goalie
    Options
    It does take time to make your own meals/recipes, but it's work the extra effort. I try and use the weekend, Sunday in particular, to make a few recipes for the week. I use the recipe builder to figure out the calories and nutrients per serving. Also, invest in freeze containers or ziplocks to freeze individual servings. It makes it so much easier to eat healthy during the week without having to cook every day. Feel free to friend me if you want to see some of my recipes. Hope this helps!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I have found a few recipes that I like, make a batch on the weekend and portion out in individual serving size containers. Yes it takes time and effort, but it is worth it, because before I did this, if I didn't have time to cook something I ended up eating junk, now I just check the freezer.
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I agree...enter your recipes in the recipe counter. It takes a bit of time in the beginning, but soon you will have most or all of them in there. Also, some recipes actually include the nutrition information and portion sizes. I get a lot of my recipes from sparkpeople.com and it has all that info, already.