Week 3 Done!!

Kellyanne822
Kellyanne822 Posts: 38 Member
I just finished week 3 and it feels amazing!! I'm kinda scared of week 4. I have been doing this mostly on the treadmill because its still been very cold where I live. I did get to go on a path last weekend. I found it to be much harder outside than on my treadmill. My heart rate was way up and I burned about 100 more calories than usual. Anyone else notice that its more difficult outside than inside?

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Switching between can be hard. I've been using both each week and can tell you it's a different experience. Just go slow, be kind to yourself and trust that you can do it!
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    I find the treadmill way harder than outside but thats probably because I've been running outside for the majority of the program.
  • I'm on my 2nd bout with week 3, wanted to be sure I could do it easily before I moved to week 4. In any case, for me I've done most of my training on the treadmill just cause I hate the cold. Then one day last week I did a day outside and it was actually easier to me. Probably because watching the time go by on the tm is such a snooze.

I did burn more calories and had an overall quicker run speed outside which was interesting. I felt like I was going SO slow.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Congrats on finishing week 3! I don't have any input on inside vs. outside since I only run outside, just wanted to say congrats.

I just finished my week 6 day 2 run and it was 39° with strong wind and light rain. Crazy for April in the south, but I ran great.
  • Kellyanne822
    Kellyanne822 Posts: 38 Member
    Thanks for all the support and insight on running inside vs outside. It's interesting that its so different for everyone. Guess I should try to do both!
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    I Just finished Week 3 last week and it was TOUGH for me!.. I've never been a runner so I started this year.. I did Day 1 of Week 4 but was exhausted, plan on re-doing it again this weekend tho.. Good Luck with everything..
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    I finished week three and it was a challenge. I've attempted week four - three times already and failed! I hope to attempt it again tonight outdoors.

I like running outdoors more. I hate the treadmill. It is different but I don't think its terribly hard to run outdoors compared to the treadmill.
  • likitisplit
    BeachGurl - how fast are you running?
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Congratulations on finishing week 3. I'm due to start week 3 this week but I'm not feeling ready. I acutally had a hard time wiith week 2. The funny thing is when I'm running I can manage but when I slow down my breathing gets out of control & I have to stop while walking to catch my breath. My recovery time is not what it should be yet. I haven't run outside yet, only treadmill. I'm really self conscious about how I look running, I know I shouldn't be, but maybe once I can run without looking like I'm dying I'll feel better about that.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Congrats! I'll be finishing week 3 today, and I've been loving the longer intervals. :)
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl - how fast are you running?

I'm running slow. Outside its hard to judge but on the treadmill I am running about 4.2mph. I was running 4.5 but slowed a bit to 4.2. I can try slowing down to 4.0 on the treadmill and seeing if that works.
  • likitisplit
    Try that. I see that I was averaging about 3 mph run/walks during my first week of C25k (that was outside in my hilly neighborhood). Then I slowed down in week two.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    I just finished week 3 and it feels amazing!! I'm kinda scared of week 4. I have been doing this mostly on the treadmill because its still been very cold where I live. I did get to go on a path last weekend. I found it to be much harder outside than on my treadmill. My heart rate was way up and I burned about 100 more calories than usual. Anyone else notice that its more difficult outside than inside?

Nice job, I also just finished week 3. I have also been using the treadmill since there is a ton of snow on the ground still. I found outside easier because on treadmill i tend to set a fast pace on my runs and when actually outside I do not go as fast. I run about 5 MPH outside and on treadmill around 6.5-7. I found it harder if your outside run includes uphill running. Have you tried to use a track?
  • BeachGurl815
    Try that. I see that I was averaging about 3 mph run/walks during my first week of C25k (that was outside in my hilly neighborhood). Then I slowed down in week two.

I will try slowing it down. I didn't think I could go any slower but I will give it a shot.