The body is amazing....!

Options
Yesterday I did w1d2. It's pretty amazing how each day gets easier. I found myself running the minute with more ease than the previous one. Hmmmph. I'm still shell shocked that I could run more than 1mi. Or that this week I've run 5.4mi total. This is going to be a piece of cake.
(I'm sure staying quit from smoking is a tremendous help!! -I quit [again] when I got pregnant last May. May 28 is my 1yr. NEVRR GOING BACK!)

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    OMG. Quitting smoking is immense. GOOD FOR YOU!

Every crappy day when you look out the window and realize that you won't have to go outside for a death stick will be a little reward for giving up that habit...and the money you will save!!!

Isn't Couch to 5k magical? It really does progress you along right about when you need it. I'm glad you are having a great experience. Be warned that you will have hard days - everybody has the odd sucky run every once in awhile - but slowing down and enjoying the weeks will get you to an amazing place in no time at all.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Yes, good for you for quitting smoking! I never smoked except for an occasional cigar (which I don't do anymore). But my wife smoked and quit cold turkey many years ago. Now she's blowing by me - running 10K easily. I'll catch up to her soon!

C25K does get easier. I have my good days and bad days but I must say the good days are the majority. The bad days are mostly mental. Keep up the good attitude!!
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking. And way to go. Wish every day would seem easier for me haha
  • JennChamb
    JennChamb Posts: 55
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This was my 10th (or something) time trying to quit. I quit both of my first pregnancies and went back the first time almost immediately and the second time after 2m pp. This time, baby is just over 2m and I have ABSOLUTELY NO desire to smoke. My neighbors smoke and it stinks!!

As far as the C25K, yes, I am loving it! I know some days will be difficult, as with any new thing you're conditioning your body for. But I am looking forward to it!

Randy- it will! Just keep going. Don't give up. You can do it. WE can do it! :)
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    and don't let the jump from 8 minutes to 20 minutes freak you out. You are right, the body IS amazing!!! and you CAN do the 20!!! Keep on running!
  • JennChamb
    JennChamb Posts: 55
    Options
    and don't let the jump from 8 minutes to 20 minutes freak you out. You are right, the body IS amazing!!! and you CAN do the 20!!! Keep on running!
    Thanks! I won't!
  • samik8907
    samik8907 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I thought the same thing about day 2. Just didn't seem as difficult. Can't wait to make it to week 2 and know I've done 11% of the program!