Sherlock

Options

Replies

• Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Elementary has grown on me. Even my husband who swore he couldn't stand it watches it.
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for the 3rd season! Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch are so good together.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this estimate has been changed since publishing, but here it suggests Fall 2013 for season 3 premier.

http://screenrant.com/sherlock-season-3-premiere-spoilers-fall-2013/
  • Ajasper83
    Ajasper83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    OP, you are not alone in your love for Sherlock! I think this is by far my favorite adaptation, and doesn't hurt that Benedict is uhhmazing in every way possible :love:
  • styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Terrific show, also itching for the 3rd season.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    OP, you are not alone in your love for Sherlock! I think this is by far my favorite adaptation, and doesn't hurt that Benedict is uhhmazing in every way possible :love:

I agree wholehearedly! I just love Benedict.
  • Southernb3lle
    Options
    sherlock-demotivator-sherlock-on-bbc-one-14655767-560-480.jpg
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    ^ Bahahaha!

When I read it I started off singing it, but then in switched to Cumberbatch's voice on "obviously". That is great.

Also, this:

11277_556074484425459_442827644_n.jpg
  • bongocats
    bongocats Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Love it!!

I like this Moffat quote where's he's talking about the Doctor & Sherlock:

"They're also sort of opposites. I always think of the Doctor oddly enough, strangely enough, as more human. He's like an angel who aspires to be human, whereas Sherlock Holmes is a human being who aspires to be a god. He's rejecting the very things that the Doctor embraces. But they sort of meet in the middle, 'cause neither succeeds in their aspirations."
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I also adore Sherlock, I mean, how could you not. My hubs hunted down the make of his coat and then cried silently to himself when he read the severeal THOUSAND dollar price tag.

Come on season three!!
  • Nemilicious
    Options
    So, what do you think happened in the last episode? There's so many theories going around as to how did Sherlock pull his stunt off, and what happened to M... I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but my roommate and I have exchanged about half a dozen ideas as to what went down. I'd love to hear what other Sherlock fans think!
  • Southernb3lle
    Options
    To be honest I really don't know what happened. Part of me thinks M is dead and another thinks that he isn't. I mean it is Moriarty for gods sake. Also, I have sat and tried to figure out how Sherlock pulled off the "fake" jump...but I just can't for the life of me. Unless he had a ladder or some kind of lift system. I mean he wanted John to be distracted at that moment..didn't he?
  • Nemilicious
    Options
    My theory involves the truck leaving right after Sherlock jumped off the roof. I mean, a guy just landed on the pavement, people are gathering, and the truck driver just goes "meh" and drives off? Also, it was very suspicious that Sherlock insisted Watson doesn't come any closer, and I don't think it only had to do with the cyclist that "accidentally" knocked him over. I noticed there isn't a clear line of sight all the way down from where Watson was standing; there was another building in the way.

I think Sherlock jumped in the back of that truck, and Molly -who is the only person Moriarty doesn't seem to think Sherlock would turn to- provided him with either 1) a body modified to look like Sherlock's or 2) some sort of drug that makes one appear lifeless for a certain time.
  • DaniEdge9
    DaniEdge9 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm dying until the season premiere, this hiatus is driving me crazy. Though I know it's so they can go off and become huge movie stars but still...MORE SHERLOCK!
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I ordered this Tshirt yesterday from Teefury!

Maybe they will select it again to be for sale!

http://www.teefury.com/archive/2079/Sherlock_Comic/
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I ordered this Tshirt yesterday from Teefury!

Maybe they will select it again to be for sale!

http://www.teefury.com/archive/2079/Sherlock_Comic/

That's awesome! Thanks for the link, looks like a cool site.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    A new Sherlock tshirt is up today only!

https://www.teefury.com/
  • Pwrpuff83
    Pwrpuff83 Posts: 92
    Options
    Sherlock is next up in my list of things to catch up on. It's a great show, but imo Elementary really isn't bad. Had no interest in it starting out, as it looked like the random Me-Too brainchild of studio executives ("hey, I'm just spitballin here, but what if we do something crazy, like make Watson an Asian-American woman???"), but ended up seeing an episode by accident and am enjoying Jonny Lee Miller's take on the character.

I'm sure its alright, good even, but I cannot bring myself to watch it as:
    1) it just kinda seems like the producers were coat-tailing on the popularity of the brand after the success of the recent movies and the BBC series...lame
    2) it seems like its premise is so detached from anything ACD wrote that its just another American procedural. Monk, Pysch, The Mentalist, Law and Order: CI...all shows where the lead was especially adept at crime solving despite personal issues. Meh.

I'm not a "hater" or anything...lol...so I'm genuinely pleased people are enjoying it for what it is.
  • Nerdinista
    Nerdinista Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The thing that troubles me most about "Elementary" is the title. Really? The second-biggest misconception about Holmes and Watson is the use of the word "elementary." It sort of makes it seem like a Sherlock Holmes series made by people who don't really know anything about it... they just distantly remember something they heard referenced in another movie.

Oh, agreed. That was one of the many things that made me not care to see it when the ads hit the airwaves. Again, I was surprised it turned out as well as it did.

I would also like to show my support for "Elementary". Yeah, I'm sure it stared out as a "me too", but it really is good in it's own right. Of course I like the BBC Sherlock better, but I feel "Elementary" gets written off unfairly. (Also it's only in it's first season and has already had, what, three times as much air time? Just sayin') :wink: