Feel like I should be in better shape by now..

Options
morefitmom
morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
HEY FELLOW CHALLENGE MEMBERS!
I am a very positive person but I have to say that I am really disappointed with my progress..Although I work out more than I was and I eat better than I was I do not see any progress in my midsection. Granted I do still struggle with my sugar at times but I still feel like there should be some inches lost.. But nothing.

Oh well, just a quick vent..I am not giving up! I have to change something next week.

Replies

• SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    First let me say this....I can appreciate you saying that you are feeling somewhat disappointed and reaching out for help. This is what the group is about... Sometimes we really have to switch up what we are eating and even our work outs to see progress... I have been at this over 2yrs and still not at my ultimate look or goals....It is apart of the ups/downs...

I would start with re-evaluating your eating... You may have to switch up foods, the timing, or let some things go until you see results. 80% of our journey is what we eat. This can hinder some of our progress...
    Make sure you are portioning correctly...SO SO Many times we think we are measuring right but indeed we are not.... Check that...

2nd... I would shock my body by changing up the routine...If you are a morning burner try at night....or reverse.... Swap up your Cardio versus your weight training.....Make sure you are not over training....All these could factor in.... I will take a look at your diary if you like and make some suggestions....

These are the few tips I can offer...They worked for me.... Chin up and Hugs to you!! We got your back and lets regroup and keep going... XOXO
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are feeling.....keep your head up and keep looking toward the prize. I be having these same ups and down and have to keep talking to myself. We will win!!!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I certainly understand what you are going through! I know I have felt that way, and I still do sometimes! But you have to think about how far you have come! What about working out more and eating better? Those are life long accomplishments! Have you taken any pictures? Some times they show bigger progress than the scale and tape measure!!

Don't be so hard on yourself! Give yourself some credit for what you have accomplished! :flowerforyou: keep pushing sis!
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way since I have been on this journey for 3 years this month. Started out losing 40 pounds but gaining back 20 of it.

That is why I rebooted my efforts. letting go of the past reevaluate and get back at it.

Just be patient and it will come. You will have some pitfalls and some victories along the route, but as long as you don't give up.

Just don't give up and keep pressing on. You can do this.
  • FabulousKP
    FabulousKP Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I agree with the ladies above!! U have accomplished so much! We ALL wish the midsection was the 1st to go, but unfortunately it's not. We just have to be patient, switch it up and keep pressing forward. Good Luck Sweetie, U GOT THIS!!! :flowerforyou:
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for the encouragement. And that is exactly why I looooooooove this group! I am going to take your suggestions into my upcoming weeks and press forward. HAVE A FABULOUS FRIDAY LADIES!!:smile:
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Addicted2_fitness Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I know I am late, but I wanted to chime in anyway! lol

We've all been here, but what's important is that we keep fighting to reach our goals. None of us are perfect and good results take time (trust me, I know! I have this bit of belly fat that just won't disappear, but I know that once it's gone, I will feel so accomplished and will do anything to keep it off!!!) Right now, we are facing the test that comes before the TESTIMONY! We will ALL have success stories in the end---we just have to make it to the end! NO TURNING BACK!!! Anyway, keep your head up and continue to do what you're doing, good results are inevitable! ~Hugs!

--Melanie
    Thanks ladies for the encouragement. And that is exactly why I looooooooove this group! I am going to take your suggestions into my upcoming weeks and press forward. HAVE A FABULOUS FRIDAY LADIES!!:smile:
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206
    Options
    The thing is don't give up and keep doing it. You doing it now means you are one step ahead. Stay strong...