Favourite / Less Favourite IP Foods

Options
mrs_zilla
mrs_zilla Posts: 34 Member
Hello!

I have been on IP for a while. I'd like to know from other IP'ers what are your favourite and less favourite foods?

My favourite food so far has been the Chocolate Soy Crisps! I can't believe it's healthy! I love it <3

On the other hand, today I had the Leek Soup for lunch and it was definitely a no no, I hated how it tasted - and I like leek! But it was very artificial. I couldn't finish it :(

Tell me about your experiences :)

Replies

• amandasdoremus
    amandasdoremus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also hate the leek soup!! I haven't tried any of the crisps yet, I just have a chocolate chip cookie everyday as my snack. Does anyone else have a snack favorite? My place I have to buy a whole box so I am hesitant to buy something new. Someone else said the strawberry wafers were good. My couch never had to loose a pound in his life so he is no help when it comes to food suggestions.
  • mikesgirl71
    mikesgirl71 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My favorite is caramel nut bar. I freeze the box and get one out to thaw while I'm eating dinner. Like my dessert! Strawberry wafers I keep frozen too, but I hardly ever eat them. Most people love them, and they are good, but they are VERY sweet to me, so I pretty much just eat them when I'm craving something sweet.
  • mprovax1
    mprovax1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started today and have to say, it's been tough. I really liked the lemon soy snacks. Great with green tea.
  • mrs_zilla
    mrs_zilla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I learned I could make a mug cake with the pancake mix! It works and it's great with coffee! Another to add to favourites list <3
    I add the chocolate pancake mix to 80ml of water and blend, pour into a teacup and microwave for about 40sec.

Enjoy!
  • cindirookbanman
    cindirookbanman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    When I started this program (for the first time) in 2010 there were SO MANY FEWER options!! Back then, for soup options, there was mushroom, tomato and leek -- leek was the best! If you have a bunch of envelopes left over, consider adding extra veggies like mushrooms, brocolli, cauliflower, etc to add flavour. I LOVE the "new" brocolli cheese soup best now...

For snacks, the chocolate soy puffs are my absolute favourite. I also love any of the bars, and plan on buying some choc/orange wafers this time around. (Watch those cookies, the carb count on them is actually ridiculously high!)

General favourites: Hot Chocolate; vanilla premade drink, mango premade drink
    Unlikely-to-buy-again list: raspberry drink/jello, mushroom soup, maple oatmeal, sour cream/onion crisps

Tips for the thrifty: My office also sells by the whole box, so I tend to buy 2 weeks of product at a time every payday. If I can have 4 eggs for lunch or breakfast once or twice a week, that also helps me spread out my product just a bit. Once in a while I will try to sneak an extra box in for variety, but not very often. Our office also usually has little sample bits of a treat each week available for testing, which is awesome.