Getting back on track

Options
Hi!
I lost 50+ lbs 7 years ago and did a good job of keeping it off until the last two years. I turned 42 this year and it seems harder to keep it off. In all honesty I've stopped keeping a food diary and have not been careful at all about what I eat. I do not want to get back up to my heaviest weight. I see skinny pictures and realize I am fooling myself that I look like I used to. It isn't a matter of looking pretty or not, it is a matter of knowing I'm abusing my body by not eating well and not exercising enough anymore. I used to exercise daily and now I'm down to three days a week of Pilates but need more cardio. I don't care about numbers per se, but I'm tired of my jeans being too tight. I was 10 lbs lighter this time last year (a career change put me in a desk job all day versus being out and about and that has been hard...)
I can see patterns happening again in my eating and it scares me. I am not accountable to myself and I want to be. If I stick to my calories and more importantly get back on my exercise routine, it should be easy to lose. I am here because I think I can lose 15 lbs by June.
How about all of you?
Molly

Replies

• camillaivy
    camillaivy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi new to the group i am on my last i was approved fro bypass but i really want to do it on my own im about 240 5'6 at my largest
    i will be 40 next year we can do it i an tracking my loss on my youtube channel to hold myself accountable if you need a weight loss buddy let me know i can use all the help i can get
  • hollyhendrickson52
    Options
    Hi, Camillaivy. I am new to the group also.. Well new to myfitnesspal all together really. But I think that a very inspiring thing for you to go at it yourself first! You really never know until you try! Just stay motivated and know your goal, an attainable one. I think we tend to set our goals too high, and get dissapointed and off track when we don't reach it. Hey, any progress is preogress! That is certain! And I too, could use all the help and motivation I can get! Yesterday I did really good, until dinner, I had 2 margarita's,, sugarfree at that, but I didn't realize even the cals in that. Which of course indicated the margarita munchies.. I ended up 700 cals over my limit! I was quite dissapointed with myself. But when I weighed this morning, I still had a 2lb loss from when I started 2 days ago. So, it just made me realize how easily I can go off track and what to avoid.. but I sure could use any tips to fight that late night snackin'.
  • hwga2012
    hwga2012 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm new and very frustrated. I am 5'6" almost 41 and the heaviest I have ever been, and that includes 9 months pregnant. I have gained 40 lbs. in the last 2 years and 55 in the last 4. Obviously my body changed because my lifestyle didn't. So I am here making myself accountable and looking for support and friends.
  • CASSIEWESTSUNRISE
    CASSIEWESTSUNRISE Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi im new here taking focusing on health and weight loss this year.. and future ... looking forward to the today leaving behind all that is behind and starting everything :heart: g new in my life as spring blossom so shall I spiritually, physically and emotionally..
  • hem2mars
    hem2mars Posts: 1
    Options
    Keep spirit to lose your weight guys.
    2 Weeks ago I got my weight was 100kg. Now I already lost 4kg. :)
  • fitnesspalmy
    Options
    Thanks for starting this! I am in the same place as everyone who has posted here and really believe that support snd supporting others can make all the difference. I have been tracking my food with the app for a few weeks now, and that has been incredibly helpful.I am sticking to 1200 cals. a day. This is a new world for me since I could be professional crash/Atkins/Kimkins diets,used to the rush of dropping pounds superfast through protein diets and lots of exercise. I started to get on that again, but sanity somehow kicked in. It's hard letting go of that mode/mentality, but it hasn't been that hard at all to eat sanely. I drink Idealshape shakes for some meals and meal replacement bars and listen to a hypnotherapy weightloss cd. I don't say that as an advertisement (Obviously, I'm no success story yet.), but just because it feels so much easier to try to eat this way than it ever has in the past.
    Ijust turned fifty and had to renew my driver's license, including putting down that, yeah, my weight's a bit different than it was 5 years ago, as in 50 lbs. different. That, plus the fact that my foot is in a cast for at least another month with tendonitis would definitely have planted a black cloud over my head in the past, but knowing that losing weight is such a priority helped me think of it as just a reality check.
    Would you all be willing to have a check-in day once a week? Folks could report in the way that best suits them. I would like to report lbs. lost towards my goal, but others might want to keep track of days logging food, measurements, workouts, etc. I know there is another group for thst, but I can't keep up with more than one group. If so, how about Saturday as a check-in day. (So cool to be cheering each other on across the globe!) Feel free to add me to your friends list.Sorry for typos; I'm doing this on my phone.)
    Cheers!
  • berejeaa58
    Options
    Very new to My fitness pal but plan on staying and keep my self accountable, I am 61 with a hundred pounds to loose, I realized I did not put on the pounds overnight and they aren't going to go away over night so portion control and exercise is my two best friends . I have spent the last two years working on my life change and have lost 150 lbs, but to obtain a healthier me I need to lose at least 100 more so here for support and to give support when i can ..............
  • williamgorby
    Options
    I have never really had to worry about my weight. I was one of those guys who could eat as much as I wanted without having to suffer the consequences. I’m now 42 and this is not the case anymore. I’m approximately 40 lbs overweight and it is a difficult thing to navigate. I suffer from shortness of breath, back pain, lack of physical motivation, not to mention the health risks. I am an addict in recovery 5 years clean and sober. I have spent a large portion of my life chasing one thing or another that would help me to disassociate. Food seems to be next on the list. This is difficult because I can’t abstain from eating. Think about it what if A pot luck was…… Any way here I am I’m going to give it a try. I like the pear support aspect as well as the accountability that is worked into this program. Ill approach this one meal at a time. The exercise will truly be a challenge. But I’m up for it. That’s my story, Im eager to see what the next chapter will be.
  • daphnest
    daphnest Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ive ben here on the web site for 3 years and really have not lossed anything. its not because of the website , it is what happening in my life.My oldest Son have heart problems and is in and out of the hospital. And I had surgery 6 months ago to remove a mass for my breast. But life is getting better. Just neep people to help me.
  • pammcgill14
    Options
    I am new to myfitnesspal website as well. Really have no idea of what I am doing. I too lack the motivation to keep going sometimes. I am 175.6 pounds. 52 years old & need to lose this excess weight. My mom is diabetic & has heart problems, high blood pressure, has had at least 2 stints put in her heart, back problems & now can hardly walk. I do not want to wind up like my mom, but everyone says I am just like her. I quit smoking 4 years ago & I seem to have gotten heavier as time went on. I am on antidepressants to try to keep from getting so depressed, because when I have a really bad day & am very depressed, all I want to do it eat & it is usually chocolate. I also have a colon disease & I do try my best to stay away from the foods that tend to make it flare up. I have been trying to locate a diet meal plan for people with diverticulitis, but haven't been able to find one. I could really use a friend to help me stay motivated to workout. I know I could do it if I had some encouragement on the really bad days. At one point I had actually gotten down to 171 pounds which I know isn't great, but then I put some of it back on, because I just thought what the hell. No one is every going to want anything to do with me, so why bother. Is there anyone out there that would like to be friends? My goal right now is to work out on the treadmill at least 3 times a week. I also have a stationary bike, but I have no idea of how to set up a workout routine.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I'm not new to MFP, it has helped me achieve a lot 2 years ago. I injured my Achilles Tendon and went on a down hill spiral from there. Now, after surgery, learning to run again, and a newborn baby (6 weeks), I am determined to get back on track. My motivation to lose weight and make healthy decisions are for myself, to inspire my mother, and my career. In Navy standards, I am 15 lbs overweight and also over the max body fat %. Not getting within the range can cause me my career, this June will make 11 years and I love what I do.
    I have successfully lost all but the last 5 lbs from pregnancy in 6 weeks and still have another 10 to lose from my injury. Monday will be my first day back to work and I have 6 months to get in standards by weight and ability to pass the fitness test. I look forward to this challenge and getting to know others as they achieve their goals! With determination and support, I feel that we can all see progress in the next 60 days.
  • Mediana77
    Mediana77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow what a turn out we have here, its great to see there are a lot of people going through what i am now, and with the same goal of loosing weight, switching to a healthy diet, and living a happy, healthy and satisfying lifestyle.

Thank you all for sharing your story.

I have been using this app for the last 2 weeks and i love to know how many calories as well as other nutritional information about the foods and drinks that i consume daily. This gives me an idea of what exactly i am putting in my body and how it will affect me, in the sense that i will know how many calories i should be consuming everyday as well how much a i will need to burn at the gym to be under the green line.

I decided to start this 60 day challenge because i currently weigh 105kg and will be getting married in Feb 2014 i want to look and feel fabulous it doesn't mean that i think big girls are not fabulous but its how i feel. This is the heaviest I've been my whole life. I'm 23 years old and i want to be fit and healthy now before the big day and also before having children. I want being fit and healthy to BE A HABIT.

But at the moment it's a struggle for me, but together and know i can reach my goal and you can too !

Mediana
  • EmmaMc777
    EmmaMc777 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, im kinda new too.. i would really like to lose 25 lbs. lost 14 since jan.. Just started the 30 day shred is anyone wants to join me?.
    Good luck everyone. if only it was easy :-).
    Best wishes from Scotland x
  • channy70
    channy70 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to my fitness pal, joined yesterday. I am 43 yrs old, 5"00", 187lbs. Been miserable and struggling with my weight on & off for 14yrs. I reached my heaviest at 192lbs and realized I needed to do something immediately. I have tried every diet or fad imaginable, from hydroxycut & xenadrine, before the ephedra band, to the health wagon, to the b12 shots, to jenny craig, to multiple tries at weight watchers, to thousands spent in GNC...and here I am. I have learned so much through my many unsuccessfull attempts at this. I now know that this is not a diet, but a lifestyle change. I also know that it is not an overnight change, but a steady process to reach my ultimate goal. It is also a good idea to set small goals along the way and to reward yourself at the end of each goal you meet. And last but not least, consistency & determination are very important. You have to be willing to put in the work to get the results. Knowing all of this, why am I 57lbs over weight? Lack of motivation, encouragement and support. I think I have found the tools I need here on my fitness pal, looking forward to finding support & motivation here.

My 60 day goal is to gain my confidence in me and to drop at least 2 dress sizes

Chantell
  • mollymcaldwell
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I've dropped 6 lbs since starting the challenge - some of it is water I assume. I've been pretty good about tracking my food (except when my iphone got stolen right out of my hand this past week on the street in Brooklyn. I'm back up and technologically connected now so all is well!).

I do need to be more conscious about snacking. I get hungry in the afternoons at work and instead of eating what i should - an apple, cheese, some protein, I end up eating snacky carby things like rice cakes and popcorners - not a lot of nutirtional value and not very filling.

So my new goal is to take those extra 200/250 calories a day and eat something that will tide me over through dinner or exercise. I upped my calories from 1200 to 1275 as I can't function on so little.

Also, I notice I get snacky at night when I'm tired, thirsty or watching tv. I heard someone say recently that if you are hungry enough to eat an apple, then you are hungry. If not, then you aren't. And if you are, you should eat the apple, not junk. That reasoning has been a good measure of my hunger.
  • WabanaLady
    WabanaLady Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Pam life can be hard keep keep your chin up,it will take time.Friend me if you wish :smile: