100 Cleanest Packaged Food Awards 2013

Options
dym123
dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
I know clean eating can sometimes be a little confusing, epecially with packaged foods. I got this from Prevention.com today and passing along as general information, so please don't beat me up if you disagree with some of the selections.

Below are the guidelines of how these products were chosen:

Must not contain GMO ingredients. (Brownie points to those bearing the “Non-GMO Project Verified Seal”, which denotes foods that have been vetted through the non-profit Non-GMO Project, America’s only third party verification for products produced according to rigorous best practices for GMO avoidance.)
Must have no more than 10 g of added sugar
Must have less than 200 mg of sodium per serving (or 400 mg for meals)
All cans must be free of BPA
All fish must be sustainable, according to Monterey Bay Aquarium seafood criteria
All foods had to be absolutely delicious

http://www.prevention.com/food/healthy-eating-tips/100-cleanest-packaged-food-awards-2013

Happy Clean Eating

Replies

• jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I love the Ezekiel bread and recently stumbled across the cereal. Pricey but tasty and healthy.
  • THExNEKOxCHAN
    THExNEKOxCHAN Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Try this philosophy on for size:

Make it yourself.

If it has an ingredients list, and you DIDN'T make it yourself, don't eat it.
  • jeffdowell
    Options
    Mary's Gone Crackers (crackers) and Field Day Organic Peanut Butter (only has peanuts and sea salt) this is the closest I have found that tastes similar to JIF (my long time vice).
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Make it yourself.

This is awesome. In THEORY. Sometimes you need to eat things you didn't prepare from scratch. And that's okay.
  • Redptlmtd
    Redptlmtd Posts: 14
    Options
    That's a great link!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link.

Make it yourself.

This is a great ideal but not realistic for many of us with children, full time jobs, taking care of aging parents, and other realities of modern life.
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I love the Ezekiel bread and recently stumbled across the cereal. Pricey but tasty and healthy.

Ezekiel... Yummy! I love the cinnamon raisin english muffins.
  • yankee_grl
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this. I always try to make everything from scratch, but sometimes the craziness of work and raising kids requires something in a pinch.
  • jvansyckel
    Options
    Awesome Link! Thanks for sharing :)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this!!!
  • tnq1019
    tnq1019 Posts: 65
    Options
    i loveeee PB2 the chocolate kind is my crack addiction you can do so much with it
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    As someone who is just starting to eating clean, this is a great list to have. Especially as I slowly ween myself off the processed foods. Thanks for sharing the link!