I said that?!?!? Oh boy! 4/2/2013

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Okay, this is a reevaluation and look at what you said for your 3 month goals. It is titled "does anyone write letters anymore?" 1/8/2013
Please read and see what you said. How did it go?
What new goals do you want for the next 3 months?

Peace,
WW

Replies

• lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hello and good morning, Garlic ,or is afternoon? If you sticky the topic "Does anyone write letters anymore? 1/8/2013" Each of us will find it easier. Since I made a reply on the old thread, it should show up on the recent.

I am quite pleased to discover that I did meet my goal. Yabba dabba doo!

How about you?

Old goal:
    "I have a hard time getting in my water. I have come up with a plan to resolve this issue. Only the plan has a flaw. The rule is to drink 16 ounces of water before I drink coffee and then 16 ounces at each meal. I have been able to master drinking the 16 ounces before coffee but I have been unable to consistently implement drinking the water at meals. It is hard to do so when your meals are less than three or meal times are screwed up. Today I will make this rule: 8 A.M.-12 P.M.-4 P.M.-8 P.M. for drinking my water."
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Hmmm - I went and check the previous post. That was during a time period when I wasn't logging in here. I was 'checked out'. January was the month when we were figuring out, as a family, how to change our eating choices. I'm shocked that was three months ago!

Next 90 Days then:
    1: Log here every day (125 days total [approximately] by then)
    2: Lose 6 lbs (182)
    3: Get my calories eaten up to my TDEE goal consistently.
  • ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I stated that I my goal was to do a half marathon this year. I am proud to say that it is happening in exactly 2 months! I am training for it 6 days a week, sometimes twice a day. It's going very well and I am sticking to it! I am very determined and hoping to be an inspiration to people I know and don't know. I've had plenty of times where I had a 4 mile run and it's cold and VERY windy and did not want to go. But I did it and kept the determination. I felt so great when it was done and it really wasn't so bad. I'm very proud! Thanks for this! It really keeps me motivated!
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I stated that I my goal was to do a half marathon this year. I am proud to say that it is happening in exactly 2 months! I am training for it 6 days a week, sometimes twice a day. It's going very well and I am sticking to it! I am very determined and hoping to be an inspiration to people I know and don't know. I've had plenty of times where I had a 4 mile run and it's cold and VERY windy and did not want to go. But I did it and kept the determination. I felt so great when it was done and it really wasn't so bad. I'm very proud! Thanks for this! It really keeps me motivated!

good for you.... determination... dedication.. self-discipline...:drinker:
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I had not found this group by that point (I started my journey again on 1/7/13), but my goal was to have lost 25 pounds in 3 months (I'm at 24) and to work out at least 3 days a week (10 out of 12 weeks I have met that).

Here are my goals for 3 months from now:

1. 8-10 glasses of water each day will be the norm, not the exception
    2. I will have completed the C25K program
    3. I will eat salad at least 2 times a week
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Well, failed on my goals, but haven't given up, continued to work on figuring out the key to the problem. Hoping that I have the key now, so will keep working on this, saw the RD, and once I get back from my parents, will start using the food plan that the RD gave me and see what happens, have my annual physical with the primary on the 15th so will see if there is a possibility of a subclinical hypothyroidism
  • Erin959
    Erin959 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I only found this page a few weeks ago, so here are my goals for the next 3 months:

1. I want to be at my goal weight.
    2. I want to have set up a regular gym routine.
    3. I want to have finally kicked my diet coke habit.
    4. I want to still be enjoying my new job
    5. I want to have finished/almost finished C25K (I'm going away for about 3 weeks next month so not sure I'll meet this one)
    6. I want to be eating more fruit.

Hopefully I'll do all of these within the 3 months, but if not I'll just keep plugging away :flowerforyou:
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Didn't reply to that old topic, but here are my current goals:

- Survive my first and second 5K, and improve my time too
    - Lose 10 pounds
    - Take a running workshop and have my form checked out
    - Eat at least 2-3 servings of veggies a day
    - Eat more fish (I rarely do right now)
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Well, Wonder Woman by March you need to lose 7-10 lbs, find a spin class or just some different fitness classes to join to stay fit they help push me. I would like to run a mile w/o stopping.

Well, troops I didn't lose the 7-10 lbs! I am at a lose for finding a spin class that fits my work schedule, or isn't too far in distance...sigh so frustrated with that!

I did run a mile w/o stopping WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Well, failed on my goals, but haven't given up, continued to work on figuring out the key to the problem. Hoping that I have the key now, so will keep working on this, saw the RD, and once I get back from my parents, will start using the food plan that the RD gave me and see what happens, have my annual physical with the primary on the 15th so will see if there is a possibility of a subclinical hypothyroidism

Aaaah not failed it sounds to me like the goals are on lay-a-way until you get to see the root of issues! Once that is solved then you can get back! I say you are a true soldier because you keep on moving forward!!!!!!!!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Apparently I didn't set goals on that post, although I thought I remembered doing it. I know one of my goals for this year though was to be more active in ways other than simply organized workouts and that's actually gone fairly well. I've found time to chase my my neighbors kids around or play catch with friends or my cousins. I also think the nicer weather will help with that.

As for the next three months one of my main goals is to not eat out so much. It's just so much easier to go out to dinner with friends, but it would be so much healthier (and cheaper) if I invited them over and cooked for them. Or if I do go out to eat I want to make healthier choices in what I order and use better portion control. I need to remember that having leftovers I can bring home is a good thing. My other main goal would be to keep lifting weights. I'm really good with the cardio and I've actually started to enjoy it, but workouts that involve building muscle aren't really my thing. I'm doing Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 right now, but my goal is to not quit when the video ends, but to keep lifting those weights and building muscle. I know it's the quickest and best way to burn fat and lose inches so why am I not doing it?! Hopefully in 3 months when you ask about this and I can say that I'm getting strong and lean. :smile:
  • tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    ok my 3 month goal and i didnt work out for the most part didnt lose 10 pds and some days i ate 2 cookies. but i have six weeks before the big 5k race and im going to work extra hard these next 6 weeks!