Insanity...you will lose inches faster then pounds

Options
I just took my second fit test and did measurements. I was discouraged because I only lost 3 pounds since January. I was so positive that with Insanity I would just melt away the pounds....well I didn't loose weight but I have lost 11 inches in just 1 month!! I was shocked when I measured.

Don't give up if the scale isn't moving. MEASURE. True results are not what is on the scale. Eventually that will come down but with Insanity, you will build muscle before you notice dramatic weight loss.

Replies

• dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    but with Insanity, you will build muscle before you notice dramatic weight loss.

Fact! You'll definitely notice more toning than weight loss at first!
  • greenihlonde
    Options
    It gives you a fabulous core! :-)
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When I started Insanity I had a pair of pants that I could just barely squeeze into, now 6 weeks in they are practically falling off of me! I can hardly believe it lol
  • PinkNinjaKitty
    PinkNinjaKitty Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I am on Week 3 day 3...I too noticed that my clothes are actually fitting. I was starting to feel like a stuffed sasauge every time i put on my jeans. Now the muffin top is gone :-D

I also noticed that on the first fit test I couldn't to the high jumps, now I can. It is crazy but I think I love it!
  • jporter2004
    jporter2004 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring...Congrats :smile:
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    So motivating! Thanks for sharing.
  • VegetarianGoddess
    Options
    Wow, that's great! I would much rather see inches coming off than weight. I'm just on my first day, but after hearing this it motivates me even more.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    oh yea...i've lost around 20 pounds with insanity but............. lost 7 inches of waist.
    Inches is the key.... Weight is not based on fat....scale can't count your bones,water,air,clothes,poop (yes up the 5 lbs) etc..... so measuring tape and a mirror is the best... you'll lose inches for sure
  • melaniecmajors
    melaniecmajors Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Same here - had a weight plateau - took my measurements - lost inch in my waist and 1 inch in my hips - I don't even do Insanity everyday!!!
  • PinkNinjaKitty
    Options
    Don't give up! Just keep going. In the beginning it is hard to keep up but after a couple weeks you will notice that you can keep up with Shaun T. I can't wait to post my results when I am done :-D
  • PinkNinjaKitty
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    This is all very encouraging! Sometimes I just have to remind myself that results aren't born overnight and that I just need to persevere with the program and I will see results! I was away for nearly a week but kept up with my insanity schedule and i went out with friends last night who said I'd lost weight since I'd been gone! I don't think I have but nice if somebody else is noticing!!
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I don't measure (too afraid I will not do it accurately) but I take pictures. Big reality check!!
  • heyitsadam
    heyitsadam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've done INSANITY 2 times, working on the third. I have the t-shirt. :)

A couple of good guides (other than the scale):

Jeans - the waist doesn't stretch much so if they fit better in the thighs and waist, you're losing some inches.

Belt - I know that the one "hole" on my belt that I always use is worn. Are you drifting to the next smaller notch? Your belt doesn't change sizes so that's another good de facto tape measure.

Watch - I have 3 watches with stainless-steel bands and they start to spin around my wrist when I start to lean out.

***IF YOU'RE AN INSANITY PERSON - FRIEND ME, I AM BLOGGING EVERY DAY ABOUT MY 3RD ROUND OF INSANITY***
  • bear_28
    bear_28 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow, good for you! :flowerforyou: I just had my 2nd measurement today. I lost a quarter of an inch on my waist, hips and thighs. Weight stayed the same. :sad: Such small change that its a bit disheartening actually. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?