Introducing Myself

Options
eschafehen1
eschafehen1 Posts: 1 Member
Hi my name is Liz. I joined OA last July and I joined MFP in March of last year. Unfortunately, I had relapsed after gallbladder surgery at the end of January this year. However, I can proudly report this morning that I have had 24 hours of abstinence and it feels great! I have been craving the "clean" feeling I once had in my beginning days of OA. I am so thankful for my HP, my sponsor, and all of my OA friends. I look forward to being able to chat with new people as we go through this journey together. I hope everyone has a great day.:smile:

Replies

• jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    A very big welcome shout-out to you!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz, glad to see that you've recommitted! I would experience a relapse after a really stressful event, but that was before I really started working the program. Sounds like you have a really good support system. I'm happy to share in this journey with you!
  • youthlaxmom
    youthlaxmom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Liz! I am back after a long relapse myself. I have found this site to be helpful this go around because I am meeting people. For the most part I am clean about 14 days now which I am thankful for. Lost a couple small moments but not striving for perfection this go around. I am working the OA steps daily. If you are up to stay in contact friend me. Praying for you, LG
  • sheldonbe
    sheldonbe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz and welcome. Glad to hear you are continuing your journey. Abstinence does feel great and definitely feels so much better than the alternative!
  • blaiseastra
    Options
    Welcome, welcome! This is pretty much the only place on MFP where I make new friends, because there are a lot of folks on the full site who are NOT seeking the same thing I am--peace and serenity around food. I sent a friend request! :D
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Terri_Wickwire Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I was very active in OA from May 1, 1990 to March 20'ish, 1996. Funny how you remember some dates ... anyway, I have returned and am SO grateful to have found OA on MFP!
    :flowerforyou: