Anyone else using/already used this app?

Options
lexieflick
lexieflick Posts: 30 Member
I used this app a few summers ago with my best friend, we started in week three, and by the end we could run 30 minutes, without stopping, at a 10min per mile pace. I loved it, but when school started again I quit running, now, with summer just around the corner I am getting back into running. Wish me luck!

Replies

• shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!
    I'm a total new runner, starting week 1 and seeing if I need to adjust from there, totally looking forward to it!
  • Wrenbot87
    Wrenbot87 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I started Week one on Monday, I'm doing my second day tonight! So far..not so bad. I got through it okay, but I'm not trying to run fast..I just want to run a 5k lol
  • lexieflick
    lexieflick Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! Ya I am probably the slowest runner out there, but at least its not walking! I just want to be able to jog 30 minutes without pausing.
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am on week 7 day 3.

It has taken me a while to get to this point but I love it. I want to jog/run more and more each time I use it. Have entered into a 8km fun run in May and with this app im sure to make it. there is an app for 10km which I will look at once I have completed this one.

Enjoy
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    I started Week one on Monday, I'm doing my second day tonight! So far..not so bad. I got through it okay, but I'm not trying to run fast..I just want to run a 5k lol

the frist time I did the it I want to go fast to. I soon learnt that speed comes way after just completing the day. Week one to four no problem but week 5 I had retrain the brain that it was not about speed it was about getting to the end and still being alive. You will get there dont be in to much of a hurry. Speed will come in the end.....

Good luck and enjoy the weeks.....
  • Mschantel79
    Mschantel79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in week 3 of this app and so far so good. I actually have a 5k coming up on April 27. I am not sure if I will be able to run the entire thing, but I do believe I will be able to improve my time.
  • KellyLou123
    Options
    Hi All,
    I just downloaded this App on my Blackberry. Fingers crossed.
    I am not a runner by any means, but really want to say I can do 5k. Appreciate any support, tips, etc that you can give.
  • kirstyb393
    Options
    hi

i am starting tonight :-)
  • pika_doh9
    pika_doh9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I've never been able to run! but it seems to be the best way to lose weight and keep fit. My aim is to be able to do 5k in a short space of time maybe 30min, then hopefully if I do that 30min a day the weight will melt off?

I am using the C25K app and I am attempting week 5 day 2, it has taken longer than 5 weeks to get here though lol the problem I have at the moment is that after the first 8min run I have severe cramps under my belly :-(

Also I was trying to calculate the speed required to travel 0.75miles in 8minutes..my treadmill speed is in kmph does this mean I would have to run at 9km/hr? Currently I can only maintain 6.5km/hr.. very slow at the moment...I will repeat the week 5 day 2 routine until I can run the 8min at that speed - wish me luck!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone...I'm on week 4. Every week I am afraid of what's to come but I am always able to do it! Can't wait to be able to run that 5K without stopping.
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    Hi All,
    I just downloaded this App on my Blackberry. Fingers crossed.
    I am not a runner by any means, but really want to say I can do 5k. Appreciate any support, tips, etc that you can give.

Its not about speed. You can work on that after you have finished.........
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    Hey guys, I've never been able to run! but it seems to be the best way to lose weight and keep fit. My aim is to be able to do 5k in a short space of time maybe 30min, then hopefully if I do that 30min a day the weight will melt off?

I am using the C25K app and I am attempting week 5 day 2, it has taken longer than 5 weeks to get here though lol the problem I have at the moment is that after the first 8min run I have severe cramps under my belly :-(

Also I was trying to calculate the speed required to travel 0.75miles in 8minutes..my treadmill speed is in kmph does this mean I would have to run at 9km/hr? Currently I can only maintain 6.5km/hr.. very slow at the moment...I will repeat the week 5 day 2 routine until I can run the 8min at that speed - wish me luck!

Im on week 8 and has taken me some time to get here too. Dont worry about the speed. Go at your own pace. That way you will make it to the end. Speed comes once you can complete the 5km. My PB is 5km in 41.28 I love watching the time go down with each run. If you need water on your jog you are going to fast....

good luck with the rest...
  • izzyl09
    izzyl09 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I loved this app.....I'm a big girl and would drive by runners with envy, they look so fit and relaxed, I never thought it was for me but I decided to gave it a go when I heard about c25k.

I haven't completed the 9 weeks just yet but I did my first 5k last week and managed 35min 57...stopped jogging a few times and walked til I got my breathing going and started out again....I was just happy to make it to the finish line! :D ...at least we are all heading in the right direction, getting off the couch is the hardest part :)
  • lc9042
    lc9042 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 run 2. Last week I was so out of breath on the 3 min. runs and thinking there was no way I'd be able to do 3 and 5 min, but I did and it was somehow easier (for lack of a better word) than week 3 for me. I'm very slow but speed isn't a concern of mine, I just want to be able to run the full 5k at the end of this without gasping for breath! Also, while I don't think I've lost any weight I now have the appearance of ankles back, so hurrah!