Options
FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
make-yourself-proud-quotes-5.jpg

Replies

• breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ok Im getting back to the 30 day shred starting Monday morning!!!! Wish me luck!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Ok Im getting back to the 30 day shred starting Monday morning!!!! Wish me luck!

That's a great plan! A repeat of 30DS is definitely in my future (maybe May). It was a great workout for keeping me on-track.

---

Well, after my big brutal workout yesterday, I was planning on taking it easy today and doing a physioball workout with my daughter and a nice stretching routine. That is UNTIL I woke up today with a big ole knot running down my left back. Actually, I'm not sure if it's a knot or an extra sore muscle (feels like a knotted muscle), but I don't think I'll be rolling around on a physio ball, because I don't want to "pull" anything. So, a nice stretching routine is in order and hopefully a run at the park later (assuming the back muscle doesn't interfere and that this morning's rain clouds move out).

Happy Monday everyone!! Another chance to start fresh!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Took a quick peek at the scale this morning (I am one of those! haha) and was very happy to see the number I saw. Yay, that is my motivation for the day.

I was able to run yesterday, however I opted for the treamill so that I could just get off if my quad bothered me. Fortunately I didn't have to, it was fine. So, I may try another one today. I will either run or do the Killer B&T workout. I think its suppose to rain later.

I have no work booked this week so I plan to really get a good week of exercise in. I am casual in a dental office, they call me in when they need me. You would be surprised at how much work I sometimes get! There are 6 dentists there, so I am available for 6 different people. Since Novemeber it was been pretty steady.

Anyway....have a great day everyone!
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    38 mins of C25K this morning. I managed to make it 1.9 miles. That's the farthest I've been able to do in a single session (at home). I can happily say that I attribute this success to joining a local running group on Tue & Thur after work.I've been doing the 3 mile trip with them but only able to run about 1/2 a mile at the start and then jog a couple of minutes here and there during the rest of it.
    I made a 5 minute run today, twice! YAY!
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Forgot to check in yesterday (Did Turbo Fire 55 EZ). This morning got my butt up at 530 and did Turbo Fire 45, which is my absolute favorite video of the bunch. Probably doing some sort of weights later.
    I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Good day Monday Partners.....
    It's cloudy and around 73 degrees...I got in a 52 minute brisk-paced outdoor walk on our grassy uneven terrain this morning. This is my scheduled cardio so far for today. Strength training session will be on Tuesday.

Jess: have a fantastic day and good for you getting up early to do fitness! That is dedication!

Nareena: WTG on getting in a 5 minute run today, TWICE!! You are getting stronger!

Maureli: have a great day and glad to hear those quads are much better!! WTG on seeing a "happy" number on your scale...heehee.

Sherry: omgoodness about that muscle spasm?? Stretching just may be what's needed....any idea what may have caused that? I like Monday's with regards to health & fitness because it can always be looked at as a "new beginning"...heehee. Have a good day!

Breasonable: Cheering you on with 30DS!!!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    This is gonna hafta be a quick drive-by, things are getting hectic around here. My back is likely sore. I did two stretching routines, but it's still sore. I know I'm "lopsided" from carrying my little girl on the same hip all the time, so the strength workout yesterday was no big thing for one side, but overworked the other. Just to be safe, I wore extra clothing during my run so it wouldn't get cold. Only ran 16minutes and walked the rest of the time. The flat parts are so enjoyable, but the stupid uphill kills me and takes most of the rest of the loop to recover. Might need to find a way to do some flat running, to find my groove. Anyway, that's today. As usual, when it rains, it pours (so to speak)...so in addition to a casting for my son tomorrow (and needing his hair cut beforehand), he also landed a photoshoot (out in the middle of nowhere, in the mountains) for Wednesday. So, I'm gonna be a little out of it for a couple of days. Will try to drive-by, but if not, I'll be with you all in spirit--somebody bump the daily thread and leave a light on :tongue: .

:happy:
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Options
    hi all!!!

today I'm starting the second month of insanity which starts with the fitness and some circuit work, fingers crossed everyone i hear its a tough one!! later tonight is the start to my second session of zumba.

hope everyone has a great start to the week!!

Sam
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Today I did 55 min of Billy Blanks Tae Bo cardio boot camp & wk 4 of RI30 (30 min). I completed RI30 as of last week so now I'll be doing combinations of various Tae Bo workouts along w/RI30 & dance throughout the week. I'm trying to get somewhat out of a routine of doing the same excercise daily but do varous excercise in various orders for the weeks to come if that makes any sense, lol.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Evening, I had my gym bag packed to run after work, but being my first day back, I was stayed to late at work. I will instead do Burn Circuit 1 from CLX tonight and make tomorrow my cardio day. I need to realize that I can't catch up from 6 weeks absent in 1 day. Hope everyone had a great workout and day!
  • scrook43
    scrook43 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry I haven't checked in all weekend. I volunteered at the marathon sat. and it was an awesome experience. We had mile 12 for the half marathon and mile 25 for the full marathon. Seeing all of those runners struggling and pushing thru to make that last mile was just awesome. They were all so stong and determined. But it also put me in a funk. So I pouted and felt sorry for myself the rest of the weekend but finally told myself to suck it up and be thankful I can still do other forms of exercise. I did try to run this afternoon. And for the first time since my injury on Dec 30th I actually could tell I was running and not gimping while forcing my leg to run.. Only went 1/2 mile but was a great moment. Hopefully I can slowly get back at it.

From here on out. So sorry to hear about your muscles knotted up, hope they relax and you get some relief soon.

Everyone else sounds like they are doing awesome. It is such a great motivation to read all the post and see all the healthy dedicated women. Talk to everyone tomorrow.
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Bumping

I am physically drained today... sleepy:yawn: ..all day its cold . windy and wants to rain dizzled this morning. I just want to crawl in bed... slight headache.... I think it's because I am tired. So we shall see if my will power takes over and i get my workout on...I finished a full week of P90X I am proud of me... ( uggh I gotta do something..:grumble: )

Everyone is doing' great keep it up ladies....:bigsmile:
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You ladies are doing awesome! Still feeling crummy today. My heart started beating really fast/ out of breath after about 10 seconds of jogging which isn't normal for me. Definitely going to listen to my body and stick with low impact until I'm feeling better. I will be doing some yoga. Crossing my fingers that I feel well enough to run and go to my studio yoga class tomorrow. Hopefully medicine and my humidifier will help. Good luck team! It's nice to see some new faces.:smile:
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I had planned on making today a weight lifting day, and I entertained the idea of a kidless run earlier in the day, but.... a nap won out and I got up thirty minutes late from that. So, then it was rushing around baking cupcakes decorated like baseballs for after my son's game today (today is his actual birthday), picking up my daughter, running her to dance, then rushing back home to eat dinner, then out the door to the baseball game. I exercised my vocal cords cheering our team on to a win!

Great job everyone!

FromHereOnOut - Rest up that muscle before you push it too much.
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies!

I was feeling sorry for myself so i indulged in chocolate today (twice). According to the scale i have gained 8 lbs in 2 weeks. I am hoping at least some of it is water weight. I haven't been eating as well or exercising as much but i also know i haven't consumed an excess of 28,000 cals (3500 x8) in the last two weeks. That is an extra 2000 cals per day. I kniw i haven't eaten that much!

My hubby and i went to the gym today. I did the bike for 30 minutes. I am just going to focus on what i can control (like what i eat and how much i exercise) and not so much on the number on the scale! And just try and see how my clothes are fitting and other non scale victories

Well good night!
    Ashley
  • steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies!

I was feeling sorry for myself so i indulged in chocolate today (twice). According to the scale i have gained 8 lbs in 2 weeks. I am hoping at least some of it is water weight. I haven't been eating as well or exercising as much but i also know i haven't consumed an excess of 28,000 cals (3500 x8) in the last two weeks. That is an extra 2000 cals per day. I kniw i haven't eaten that much!
    Ashley

Ashley, its probably mostly water weight. u might have gained but like you said it shouldn't be 8lbs in 2wks. 1week of clean eating should take care of it. and yeah, i stay away from the scale. My weight fluctuates like crazy.
  • steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    nice to see everyone keeping up with workouts. the team keeps growing, it difficult to reply to everyone's post. It definitely encouraging to read up on everyone getting their workouts in 4months into the year.

With that said, i didn't work out today :( As you know, i now workout during my lunch hour at my office gym. Well, loveth had to run an emergency errand during her lunch hour and working out after work isn't a safe idea since i get off at 8pm and the gym is in a secluded area. I know, its all excuses arrggghhh. I'll get back to it tomorrow.

sherry have fun at your son's shoot and use the time to rest your body. ONLY STRETCH. DO NOT EXERCISE :)
  • Hurdisnie1
    Options
    You ladies are doing awesome! Still feeling crummy today. My heart started beating really fast/ out of breath after about 10 seconds of jogging which isn't normal for me. Definitely going to listen to my body and stick with low impact until I'm feeling better. I will be doing some yoga. Crossing my fingers that I feel well enough to run and go to my studio yoga class tomorrow. Hopefully medicine and my humidifier will help. Good luck team! It's nice to see some new faces.:smile:

Yes listen to your body....hope you feel better
  • Hurdisnie1
    Options
    I completed 58min of P90X Plyometrics... crazy jump training workout I'm dead as I am typing this...Lol just feel like a jelly fish looks... but glad I did it. My left knee is popping a lot and isn't as strong as the right so some modifications were necessary.

I honestly wanted to phone today in just tried but I had to just try and finished the workout..with that said sometimes we just gotta TRY...:flowerforyou:

Until tomorrow.. have a good one
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm new here, just joined this morning. Anyone feel free to add me :0)

I took a nap after being drilled on at the dentist for over an hour (getting prepped for a crown, first time, fractured tooth on a crostini lol) I slept thru the class I was going to go to, Latin hip hop, so i was able to catch another class but a little over the last half. It was 35 mins of Zumba and my hr was in the high intensity range 174-180s so I was able to burn 426 kcal. Thanks for having me in the group, looking forward to getting to know everyone!