Yoga workshops

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
Ever want to take your practice further? What to learn the "hard" poses? Want to learn more about your poses?

Go to a yoga workshop with a senior teacher. Try it. Trust me.

signed,

workshop junkie

ps: I changed my avatar to show me at a yoga workshop, the senior teacher is to the right. He has a workshop this weekend - it's going to be great.

Replies

• rengel26
    rengel26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! Yoga workshops are awesome. You can focus in on certain poses and learn more. Love the pic of you doing wheel. :)
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i love yoga workshops. aadil palkhivala, jehangir palkhivala, and eric smalls, all senior iyengar teachers, each usually teach a workshop here every year. i've attended a few intensives that go all weekend long. the most challenging one had us in padmasana or half padmasana in every pose (including down dog, uttanasana, handstand, etc.) and i don't do padmasana. by the end of the workshop, i was doing padmasana! :smile:
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Workshops are so much fun!

I am doing a Heart Opening workshop tomorrow - learning more about chakras, healing, etc.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    lcrablik - the padmasana workshop sounds like something John Schumacher would do - who was it?

thanks rengel26
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    yoginimary, rengel26:

The padmasana workshop was by Jehangir Palkhivala. We learned his "Mother Sequence" padmasana style.
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I believe you Mary, and would love to do more workshops:) there has been some interesting teachers that have come to visit our studio. can get pretty pricey.... but I'm sure it's worth it!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I LOVE doing yoga workshops! I wish I could afford to do more...