Can I wear it in my underpants?

Options
:laugh: I'm totally serious here.

I bought a fitbit zip to wear for those moments when the armband is too big/bulky/embarrassing. I wouldn't even mind wearing it if it were big but the elastic makes the blubber on my arms blub over the top in a most unattractive fashion and I don't want to go out to bars or out dancing and meeting guys :drinker: calling attention to the fact that I have blubbery arms and I am in need of assistance to lose weight because I got too fat.

I wear the fitbit in my underpants and its small and hidden but no way is it as accurate. Like if I"m on the dance floor it counts my steps but it has no idea of the intensity. Ive worn the BMF out dancing and socializing and I get way more calories burned. I not only believe in the BMF, I need the extra calories. To eat. Because I'm hungry. I can't do this if I'm starving.

I was hoping one day to 'graduate' to the fitbit zip but it totally doesnt count my housecleaning accurately, and considering I have my own housecleaning business and this is what I do all day, I end up 400-500 calories short by the end of the day. (I've been wearing them both.) It does a pretty good job on everything else, just not what I do :-/

I'm happy with the BMF and its working great for me. Why can't they make a small one?? I've heard some folks managed to stick them in their bras. Just wondering if anyone's had any success wearing this thing somewhere you can hide it. Can I tape it to my back or something? THere's got to be a way to get the accuracy I need without wearing it on my arm all the time.

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I'm totally serious here.

I bought a fitbit zip to wear for those moments when the armband is too big/bulky/embarrassing. I wouldn't even mind wearing it if it were big but the elastic makes the blubber on my arms blub over the top in a most unattractive fashion and I don't want to go out to bars or out dancing and meeting guys :drinker: calling attention to the fact that I have blubbery arms and I am in need of assistance to lose weight because I got too fat.

I wear the fitbit in my underpants and its small and hidden but no way is it as accurate. Like if I"m on the dance floor it counts my steps but it has no idea of the intensity. Ive worn the BMF out dancing and socializing and I get way more calories burned. I not only believe in the BMF, I need the extra calories. To eat. Because I'm hungry. I can't do this if I'm starving.

I was hoping one day to 'graduate' to the fitbit zip but it totally doesnt count my housecleaning accurately, and considering I have my own housecleaning business and this is what I do all day, I end up 400-500 calories short by the end of the day. (I've been wearing them both.) It does a pretty good job on everything else, just not what I do :-/

I'm happy with the BMF and its working great for me. Why can't they make a small one?? I've heard some folks managed to stick them in their bras. Just wondering if anyone's had any success wearing this thing somewhere you can hide it. Can I tape it to my back or something? THere's got to be a way to get the accuracy I need without wearing it on my arm all the time.

According to BMF, the only accurate place is the back of the left arm I'm afraid. Are you sure you haven't got the band on too tightly.
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    Its not uncomfortable. It just highlights my arm flab. Also its huge and looks like an mp3 player which is a weird thing to wear to a bar. I just want to hide it but still have the benefit of its accuracy. Wondered if anyone here had any tips/tricks for me. Maybe ill have yo do some experiments.
  • zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My feeling is if you wear it somewhere other than your arm, you've thrown away the accuracy. So you might as well use the Fitbit for those times.

One thing you could do. Just once wear the BMF out for a night of typical dancing. Make note of that night and use the data from it to edit off-body when you go out in the future.
  • thinagain2014
    thinagain2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have read on the forum others who wear it tucked inside their bra on the left side. I can't account for the accuracy but I would rather have it on me than not. The only other place I wear mine is around my calf because I do spinning for my exercise and it picks up the data more accurately than around my arm.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I have read on the forum others who wear it tucked inside their bra on the left side. I can't account for the accuracy but I would rather have it on me than not. The only other place I wear mine is around my calf because I do spinning for my exercise and it picks up the data more accurately than around my arm.

I don't agree. If the figures are not accurate - you might as well just pick a figure out of the air.
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Its not uncomfortable. It just highlights my arm flab. Also its huge and looks like an mp3 player which is a weird thing to wear to a bar. I just want to hide it but still have the benefit of its accuracy. Wondered if anyone here had any tips/tricks for me. Maybe ill have yo do some experiments.

Consider it a conversation starter. Almost every time I wear mine out and about people ask about it! So wear it proudly and let those conversations get started! Also, I bought a larger armband because the one that came with it made my arm look as you have described. Switching to the larger band fixed the "bubbling" problem!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I get the bubbling over of arm flab as well. I think in a few years I will have a permanent ring around my arm like how a tree will grow around something.

Just wear it proudly and tell people it's your monitoring device for your house arrest!!!
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    It works in my underpants!!! I wore spandex undies to a rock concert and stuck it in there. you can totally see the graph shows exactly how excited I was by which parts of the show!! I got a number I feel like is reasonable and probably pretty accurate. I'm selling my fitbit because this is better.

Anyone want to buy a used fitbit? $40 obo
  • thinagain2014
    thinagain2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update! I'm going to a party next weekend so I will try it out as well.
  • kluedesigns
    kluedesigns Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    thanks for the update.

i sent my Fitbit back for a refund because i think the BMF is more accurate and like it better too
  • lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    I'm tired of the seeing the band and the tan line it leaves in the summer so I have experimented w/tucking it in my bra band (left side ribcage almost directly below my armpit). Wearing it there resulted in numbers that were maybe 10% lower than on my arm -- close enough for me so this summer I won't be sporting a tan line (and can show off my arms - which are my favorite feature).
  • elaine_des
    elaine_des Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I wore it in my bra on Friday because I had a short sleeve shirt but it wouldn't sync with my display, so my guess is that it went with estimated number for that day. i put it around my leg for a while, got continuous sync with the display but the burn was way higher than usual. So i'm just going to keep wearing it on my arm.