Challenges

Options
lemonhead66
lemonhead66 Posts: 109 Member
Hey group...I hope you are all still here. I am going to give the challenges a shot. Please modify them to fit your needs.

Lets try and do this everyday April 8 - 13 also add in a brisk 20 min walk.

20 Jumping jacks
10 Squats
2 Burpees
5 Pushups
15 Mtn. Climbers

Repeat X1

Let me know how this goes... especially if it is too easy. I would like to really push it and challenge everyone.

Replies

• CJMommyof2
    CJMommyof2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to it!
  • lemonhead66
    Options
    I did this two times after my BoxMania class this morning. Now I want a nap.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Glad I checked in. I had all but given up on this place. I am going to try to do them twice a day and the walk at least once a day.
  • CJMommyof2
    CJMommyof2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to get all of these in yesterday. I completed the jumping jacks, squats, push ups but didn't do the mt. climbers and burpees.

I am hoping to add those in today. I just ran out of time last night. I also did 95 minutes of cardio between the C25K program and my daily walk!
  • lemonhead66
    Options
    Good to see a few of you trying the challenge.

Today I did a 45 min In-sync rowing class and a 45 min spin class. Then I did this challenge. I needed so ab work so I threw in some crunches to top it off.

Enjoy the rest of this Terrific Tuesday!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    Options
    I did everything. I do have to work up to the 15 mountain climbers. I count both legs as 1 climber. My 58 year old body barked at those. I did walk for 30 minutes.
  • leishamaree
    leishamaree Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I tried to fit this in with my normal workout, and the 30 day squat challenge I am doing at the moment.

So I did:
    3km run
    30 pull ups
    50 push ups
    100 squats
    50 shoulder presses
    100 step ups
    PHEW!
  • loseitallformenow
    loseitallformenow Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge! I need to these to get myself moving.
  • lemonhead66
    Options
    AmyM - good for you! I wanted these to be challenging but I don't want anyone to become injured.
    leisha - Awesome workout! I tried a modified squat challenge last month where day 1 was 25 squats I made it to 165 before the pain in my knees got the best of me.

If you have any specific areas of types of exercises you want to see let me know. I really want to start doing a lot more ab work and get my back and shoulder tank top ready. I could try and do challenges around the parts we want to work on.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    Options
    Tomorrow is my weight training day. I do 125 crunches with a 12 dumbell on my abs. My abs are always sore after that. I do upper and lower on the same day, I just split it up between morning and afternoon. It takes me about 2 hours total. I will work in the challenges.
  • lemonhead66
    Options
    How is everyone this Wonderful Wednesday?

I did my BoxMania class this morning followed by the challenge to which I added 40 crunches, 40 reverse up ( not sure what else to call them) and 40 v-sit oblique taps.

Let us know what you did today.
  • leishamaree
    leishamaree Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Mine was a cardio day - BodyJam class. Lots of squatting involved this week though!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    Options
    So far I have not had a problem fitting the challenges in with my regular routine. I add in more squats and pushups. Thursday is cardio day and will be spending an hour on the treadmill for my brisk walk. I also do the water rower and elliptical.
  • lemonhead66
    Options
    I was not able to get the challenges in today...had a sick little boy. I have great intentions of doing them tonight when all the kids are in bed.