Options
mfpcopine
mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
Monday, April 8, 2013

Weight

Body fat per Tanita scale

17%

Type of IF:

I tried Fast Five for 30 days about six weeks ago. It worked: I got to the lowest weight I've been on since joining MFP, but I didn't have enough energy. For now, I'm going to do a conservative 14 or 15 hour fast with a 10 or 9 hour eating window. I may try the 5:2 approach later on.

Goals:

My main concern right now now is consistency. I also may try to start a regular gym program. My lowest weight ever was 88 and in my youth I was in the low to mid-90s, so I'm not at a low weight for me. Given my weight, activity level, and age, a couple of pounds over four weeks is excellent, especially if I can maintain it.

Replies

• LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Weight: 182
    IF: Fast-5 also following LCHF
    BF: I don't trust my electronic scale because it says 55% when my feet are dry and 22% when they are wet. Calipers say I'm in the low 20's , would like to get to 15%
  • MelanieSkittle
    MelanieSkittle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Weight: 165

Goals: hopefully I will be able to drop ~10 pounds, but also I want to be able to eat more on days I run. I will be doing 5:2 and two days a week I'll fast until dinner then have a 500 cal dinner. The other five days I will run 4-6 miles (each day) and have a total of 2300 calories for the day. I'm trying to train for a half marathon and at the very least don't want to experience any weight gain.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Weight: 182
    IF: Fast-5 also following LCHF
    BF: I don't trust my electronic scale because it says 55% when my feet are dry and 22% when they are wet. Calipers say I'm in the low 20's , would like to get to 15%

I always weigh myself under the same conditions so even if my scale isn't 100% accurate (I've always suspected it weighs my body fat a little low), at least I have a consistent measurement over time. I usually don't get huge differences from one day to another. But obviously people should use whatever method is convenient and seems trustworthy to them.
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Weight: 164
    IF: Leangains
    BF: 22%

Goal: BF 18%
  • twostepsforward
    twostepsforward Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Weight: 174lbs
    IF: 5:2
    BF: 37.8 (avg measurement from Heybales excel sheet)
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Been doing reasonably well so far. Your experience?
  • alphal0b0
    alphal0b0 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Weight: 146.2 (this morning)
    IF: Leangains (16/8 minimum ... but last couple of months i've been following roughly 20/4)
    BF: 13-14%

4 Week Challenge -Goal: BF 12%