A message from the Don

Options
Greetings to everyone in the Sopranos challenge. Let's cut right to the chase. Members are dropping out of this challenge. But I think people are dropping out or want to drop out for the wrong reasons. The feedback that I have gotten is that this challenge is too time-consuming and too difficult. People do not want to let their teammates down by not being able to accomplish a challenge for whatever reason. I did not intend for anyone to feel pressure with this Sopranos challenge, But I guess that is natural as it is a team play competition style Challenge.

I think there are many reasons that people joined this challenge to begin with. Maybe to get a little healthier, to maybe drop a few pounds, or both and have a little fun on the way doing it.

Let's be clear I never expected anyone to complete every challenge, every bonus, every day. It's not going to happen. I also know we have many many different fitness levels in this challenge. Just so you know I am also awarding the earnings for the daily challenges to the people that report I couldn't do this challenge but I did this instead or I could only do 35 of the 100 because that's all I could do. It is the effort that is most important, not completing the actual challenge. The effort that you put forth is an inspiration for others including myself. I wasn't sure if I could do the burpees.

I also understand everyone has lives out there. Today is my one day off a week. I golfed, went grocery shopping, wash my car, did laundry, cleaned in the house, have to make dinner tonight, need to find time to go to karate, and I have not yet done one plank in my own challenge. I understand there's no time! I get it!

If you don't earn in certain challenges you can always earn in the weight loss portion. So that gives two ways to earn to help your team. And really it has nothing to do with me it has nothing to do with your team, But it has everything to do with you.

Let's all take a look at the bigger picture of what we are really doing here! If you cannot complete a challenge because of inability or time please just let your captain know exactly that. I totally respect that. I know your captains respect that. All anybody wants is for you to do the best you can. Please pass this message on to your teammates and anyone else in the Sopranos challenge.

You have all become a family to me, I do not want anyone to leave this challenge. I believe we have something good going here that we can expand upon down the road.

Please give me your honest feedback on this post.

The Don

Replies

• karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I love the challenges because due to health reasons I am not losing weight steady. So I can get points for my team by exercising even though i gained this week. :(
  • MissJen84
    MissJen84 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Very well said Don. As the Capo of the Blundetto crew I know I agree 100% with everything you said.
  • Super_Mama
    Super_Mama Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have to say that although I find these challenging and sometimes time consuming, I absolutely LOVE doing them! Thank you for helping to motivate me in a creative fun and supportive way. Thank you also for your consideration of schedules and abilities too!
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm totally with you Sean on this, I have been so impressed with everyones participation, even when we are not able to preform the posted challenges everyone does something which to me is an accomplishment in itself. I myself feel as thou I am not putting in as much with my knee injury as my team does but I know they understand and support me as well.. I think with more comminucation within the teams and your great explaination on the group we can all reach great success
  • info_nrs
    info_nrs Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks Don, that's a great message. Actually that makes me feel really good about it all too. I have motivation at times, but just the fun of doing something different and attempting to get it all in is fun in and of itself. Yes, it takes time, but the point is that we are all busy and finding time to work in 5 planks here and there (I did them in my office!!!) is how we can take this forward and see that little things will make a difference. it's not realistic to think we can get to the gym every day, we have to see how activity is 'doable'!!! thanks for all the effort I truly appreciate it, it's what I needed right now!
  • sarahp4769
    sarahp4769 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge, it is fun and it makes me do something every day when I usually wouldn't. Thank you for all your work on it! Its fab!
  • flyinghawk2012
    flyinghawk2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That's so sweet! Unfortunately I have arthritis in both knees and in my spine. - what the heck -- I'm 60 - it happens . . . thank goodness for meds . . . . The only exercise that I can do that doesn't hurt is walking - and that in moderation. I like this program because it keeps me coming back!! I actually weigh myself even before I have my morning coffee. Thanks for your good effort. I'm choosing to "hang-in-there"!
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    Thanks to this post I think I'll stay in the challenge. I won't be able to do some of the challenges and days like tomorrow i won't have much time. Today I didn't do the challenge HOWEVER I did walk/hike around the local lake...about 2 miles. Thanks!
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'm totally with you Sean on this, I have been so impressed with everyones participation, even when we are not able to preform the posted challenges everyone does something which to me is an accomplishment in itself. I myself feel as thou I am not putting in as much with my knee injury as my team does but I know they understand and support me as well.. I think with more comminucation within the teams and your great explaination on the group we can all reach great success

Of course we understand!! Just like you were understanding when I did not lose. We are a team and when one of us cannot do something others can make up for it.
  • jenniferitzep
    jenniferitzep Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I wasn't thinking to give up but I was feeling bad for not being able to do some of the challenges but I did some or something else other then the challenge but its good to know that I was not letting them down after all thanks for letting us know we werent letting others down just challenge ing ourselves
  • mbfarmgurl
    mbfarmgurl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am busy with family, farming and life just as many people are (ok maybe not farming ;D) but I am doing this for my own ME time and to help me achieve my goals of becoming a healthier me. I do find some of the challenges time consuming and if I cant make that time in my day I will work hard to make it up via my foods intake! I truely hope people dont drop out because I am loving the encouragement from others (I live in rural -- and I mean RURAL) Manitoba where at the moment we still have copious amounts of snow and cold-- so this group keep me going!
    One day I may not be able to meet a challenge The Don has made but I have been modifying them to accomodate my knees. I am sure there will come a day that my knees may not be able to handle a challenge or a modification... bu tI will be here to still cheer on my team until I am back in the game!!
  • Crystalagain22
    Crystalagain22 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification! I have felt a little pressure where I've hurt myself a couple of times (due to being stupid and pushing myself too far), but not enough to make me want to drop out! I just want to be the best I can for my team! Thanks again for the post :)
  • jacksagod
    jacksagod Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    the whole purpose of a challenge is to challenge you. i will say that life will toss in some issues but it's not a mandatory.
  • theparnellssean
    theparnellssean Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this post I think I'll stay in the challenge. I won't be able to do some of the challenges and days like tomorrow i won't have much time. Today I didn't do the challenge HOWEVER I did walk/hike around the local lake...about 2 miles. Thanks!
    You are awesome Kris
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    100% agreed.
  • kkmonroe79
    kkmonroe79 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!! This challenge was exactly what I needed to motivate me. I had been in a stall, and was having a hard time motivating myself. I may not be able to complete every challenge, but I will do my best everyday!
  • nicolekrezinski
    nicolekrezinski Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well said! and thank you. Thank You. Thank you. Thank you for all that you do!!!!
  • mwoods5716
    mwoods5716 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love this group
  • Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm in =)
  • kellieanney
    kellieanney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for being such an understanding Don. I sometimes feel as thoguh I am letting my team and myself down when I can't complete the bonuses, and am sometimes doing girly versions of challenges, such as push-ups. Also I only lost a pound this week, I thought I would lose more as I have been doing 1/2 hour tradmill or stariclimber, followed by 1/2 hour weight machines six out of seven days last week, while I have been staying under my clorie goal daily. I think maybe I need to do more cardio/ less weights, and make more healtheir food choices and drink more water. I am glad that I have joined The Family though, it has been helping me keep more on track, and I like the community that we share. Thanks for all you do for us, and thanks to all the families and capos, everyone is inspiring to me!