Nervous about W3D1

Options
KrazyAsianNic
KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
After work today I'm suppose to run W3D1. I'm nervous though because it jumps up to a 3 minute jog. Maybe I shouldn't have peeked last week to see what I had ahead of me, but I question if I can actually jog 3 minutes. I considered redoing week 2 to see if I would feel more confident, but my boyfriend is telling me to try to trust the program and give it at try.

I guess I'm just getting worried because I have a 5K June 8th, and if I do this program as is every day without repeating, i only have 2 weeks between ending the program and the 5K itself.

Replies

• famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I remember feeling the same way 3 short weeks ago!! And it was hard, 3 minutes!! Friday I did 20 straight and remember at the 3 minute mark what that was like 'back when' (I giggled). Don't quit on yourself before you get started!! I fight my mind much harder than I fight my legs or lungs.
    Get lots of water and a mantra!! Best of luck to you and remember today for a month from now!!
  • SLHartman
    SLHartman Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You will be amazed at what your body and mind is capable of. Trust that the program has prepared you for this. It has. You can do it! I look forward to reading about your progress!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! If you start feeling tired, slow your pace. Just don't stop jogging. You CAN do this.

As SLHartman says, trust the program. It works. I say this as a very non-athletic, couch potato graduate of the program.
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i would say do it and if you cant complete the three minutes most of the time, then do W3D1 next time until you can, then move on. thats what i would do. you stuck with c25k longer than I did, but I am restarting week 1 this week (to coincide with Biggest Loser 3!!)
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    So, I just did this today and I can honestly say, yeah it sucked a little. They give you plenty of recovery time though.

This may sound completely silly but I ask myself questions when I'm really smuggling. Like, yes this hurts but is the pain in my muscles getting worse? Do I just want to stop because I'm uncomfortable? It's usually no and yes. I know I'm ok and I can deal with it and push though. I can make it until that lovely voice chimes in and tells me I can walk again. (I love her!!) Keep at it, you'll do great!!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    You soooo got this! Trust the program. Week 1 was intimating for me 6 weeks ago. Since day 1 I've done every second as told.

I did Week 6, Day 1 today. I've told myself over and over again that it isn't easy, but it isn't impossible.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    So here's an update!

I just got home from doing C25K W3D1 and...

I DID IT!

I'm so proud of myself. After the first 90 seconds run, I wanted to give up and just walk back to my car. I kept going. First 3 minute jog, I was wanting to stop so I looked at my phone and realized I just had to hang on for 5 more seconds. The second 3 minute run I again wanted to stop, but I looked at my phone and realized I only had 45 seconds left. I did it! My calves were on fire and so tight, but I did it!
  • Haikugurl
    Haikugurl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome that you pushed through.

Just know that it's also o.k. to repeat a week when you feel you need it. I did week 3 two times before I moved on to week 4. I completed C25k the end of 2012 and now I'm running 4-5 miles straight! I still have loads of room for growth, but I'm actually enjoying running now.

You can do it!!!!!!
  • GC2B
    GC2B Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well done you, hopefully that has given you the confidence to know you CAN do this.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! Good job on pushing through and finishing. With that mind-set you'll be able to get through the entire program.

As each run increased, I felt the same trepidation, the same feeling of "let's just try this", the same feeling of relief when I finally accomplished it. You are doing fine.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making it through!
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yea!!! I was hoping you would update, NEVER give up!! You should write yourself a note today about how you felt and what you acheived, you might need to reference it in a couple of weeks...