ran in a 5k

Options
dogladytwo
dogladytwo Posts: 97 Member
39.3 minutes. Not the time I was hoping for but it was my own fault for not transitioning to out doors this past few weeks. I had a muscle cramp at mile 2, and ended up walking part of the last mile. I run again in 2 weeks and will train outdoors to get those muscles ready! all I want is 37 minutes or better with no walking! (the no walking is just a goal of mine) :)

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Great job! Finishing upright is the goal for your first race and you definitely mastered that.
  • GC2B
    GC2B Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well done you. That's a very good and respectable time, especially including an injury and walking!
    You'll be smashing that to get PB's now :)
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Congratulations! You finished and the time sounds good to me. So well done and have fun training outside.
  • dogladytwo
    Options
    2nd 5K went smoothly. 36.44! (I will run #3 in 3 weeks!) racing against myself is fun. :smile:
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    2nd 5K went smoothly. 36.44! (I will run #3 in 3 weeks!) racing against myself is fun. :smile:

Awesome!! You're doing great! Good luck on the next one!
  • FestivalDiva
    FestivalDiva Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow both your 5ks sound great to me, we'll done!! I've got to make that transition sometime (im about to start wk7on treadmill) to outdoors so will be more prepared after your experience...

Again congrats and super cool timings :D
  • dogladytwo
    Options
    My 3 Spring 2013 5K's are now complete with my third time of 35:47 in the PAL Run Walk Wag this morning. I shaved a minute off my time so I am happy. I will now train until the fall, and then I plan to run at least one more to finish out the year.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    You're getting faster every time, well done!
  • kjohnson754
    kjohnson754 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    congrats! I have yet to run in one. I think I'm too antisocial. I'm working on it.
  • dogladytwo
    Options
    Fourth 5K completed at 35:26 Not much improvement but at least an improvement. Life has me busy lately so running has taken a back seat (I ran just often enough to maintain evidently) but I am back at it with a gusto! I am running another one Dec. 7th and I am determined to trounce this time by several minutes, if not 5!
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Fourth 5K completed at 35:26 Not much improvement but at least an improvement. Life has me busy lately so running has taken a back seat (I ran just often enough to maintain evidently) but I am back at it with a gusto! I am running another one Dec. 7th and I am determined to trounce this time by several minutes, if not 5!

Sounds like a Santa Shuffle! If you don't mind me asking, which city? I'm considering talking hubby into doing the Halifax one, but I'm a wimp about the cold! lol Plus, there's the 3 year old to consider... not sure if strollers are welcome.